Ffarmer

16 magnum

I have a 16 Magnum that will not fit a engine mount on a C 165.

Can I swap oil pans with a k341 that is in the C 165.

Welcome to RS

You could swap oil pans  If teh magnum has the low oil switch you will lose that functionality and you may have to use some JB weld to block off a notch in the magnum block.  But it might be easier to do away with the isolation (cradle) mounting plate and bolt the engine directly to the frame.(Does you magnum have 2 threaded holes in the bottom of the pan on the PTO side?)  You would have to get a lower PTO mounting bracket, but that would be easy from several vendors here.

IMG_2871 copy.jpg

IMG_2872 copy.jpg

IMG_2873 copy.jpg

IMG_2874 copy.jpg

IMG_2875 copy.jpg

• Like 5

Can not read the serial - spec  number on the M 16. Does not appear to have an oils switch and from your pics it looks doable. 

The K341 was run with a loose head gasket and now smokes a bit . Have not removed head for inspection , may be valve guides as it runs good with no loss of power.

Make sure you measure the oil dipper...I seem to recall some engines had to use shorter dippers to clear the oil pan but I am not sure about that

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ffarmer said:

I have a 16 Magnum that will not fit a engine mount on a C 165.

Can I swap oil pans with a k341 that is in the C 165.

Can I ask just where in the frekin' world you came up with a M16? I want it, now! 

I thought you and others would understand what I meant, but now that you are off topic my preference is a M14.

Bought it in Tidewater , Va........... everything  has a price. 

I am not 30 miles from San Francisco , and on selling not really , want to put it on my C 165.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 12 hp Kohler
      I have a kohler k321. I picked this engine up at an auction and I don’t know it if it runs or not, I haven’t tried and don’t have the time. It has good compression and is complete. It would work in a wheel horse but would need to be wired differently. Pm or email me for details I will try to get back to you ASAP. The engine is a little dirty and could use a hose down. I can haul the engine to the big show. 

• By Bill D
      Hi,

I have a K321S, Spec # 60424, S/N 14169017.  I was counting the cooling fins on the rear of the engine and noticed that it has 13 fins.  I read somewhere that 13 fin blocks were more sought after thatn 12 fin blocks.  If so, why?  Also is it possible to have a 13 fin K321, or did someone possibly change the cover in the past?  Also is it possble to tell is this engine has balance gears from the numbers?  I have read that some engines did not have them.  Thanks 
    • By WVHillbilly520H
      @WHX14, @Achto, here's the offending culprits of Kohler K161 fuel tanks on the CC ORIGINAL, that keep breaking the solder around the fuel outlet bung, any tips on repair would be greatly appreciated, as well a couple pics of the original engines/tins and the tractor with few upgrades I'm planning with the repaint, besides the K181 with ring gear starter out of a Gravely, Jeff.

• By 12 hp Kohler
      For sale is a kohler magnum 8. The engine came out of an 308 eight speed. I haven’t tested the engine and suspect it need some work to run. The P.O. said the fuel tank leaks at the grommet but I’m not sure. The engine is as is because it is missing a few things and has not been tested. The engine isn’t locked up it turns free. PM me or email with any questions I will try to get back to you as soon as possible. The only thing the engine appears to be missing is the air cleaner assembly but there may be more as I have not done much work on the magnum series kohler. 

• By OILUJ52
      Went out in the middle of the week, temperatures in the teens, tried to start my C145 plow machine.......no go!
      Seems like the ACR is stuck, backfires through the carburetor. Using 10w-30 oil.
      The machine always started pretty good. I was thinking I may need a block heater.
      Anyone using the heaters? If so what type? wattage etc.
      I see pad style, drain plug styles.
      Joe