Will a deck from a lawn ranger work on a 606?

The title pretty much sums it up.  I picked up lawn ranger? carcass for $20 in hopes the deck will work on my 606.  It looks like they both use the attach-o-mattic, but I could be wrong.

Any help is appreciated.  Also if anyone needs parts let me know. It doesn't have an engine, fuel tank, hood, front rims, or probably other things too.  (Maybe I should just list what it does have, might be shorter)

Edited by Bttatro

I think you could .  The Lawn ranger deck hangs from 4 flat steel bars that bolt directly to the frame...no tachmatic if the same holes were in the 606 frame you cold use them or drill your own.  You would need to remove the PTO from the 606 as the Ranger  has a  different drive system.  A single belt that goes directly from engine to deck cross shaft, engagement/disengagement is done on the deck itself.  You would also need to find fabricate a belt guard (bent rod) that lets the deck belt disengage similarly to how the tranny belts disengages. It mounhs directly to the engine.

Not sure the 4 steel bars would work since the frame on a lawn ranger sits lower than that of a 606 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rdeanrj58 said:

Not sure the 4 steel bars would work since the frame on a lawn ranger sits lower than that of a 606 

Good point...maybe longer bars???

Thanks everyone.   I took a good close look at it today,  with the help of my son,  20170801_112146.jpg

and decided I'll sell the deck.  

Then we went for a ride around the yard and all was good. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By The Gman
      Lawn ranger came up for sale near enough to me. He wants 350 "firm". Comes with a deck. Would like to know what looks correct and what's not. Wheels? Engine? Lights? Decals? Don't know much about these little guys. The resto. looks good. He says it runs good and the deck is good. It's the only pic I have of it. Fuzzzzzzy at best I know.
      Would appreciate feed back.

• By Steelspinner76
      Just picked up a wheel horse 606 looks to be pretty complete someone has put a different cover on it and mounted a snow blower style electric start. but everything looks solid and the engine turns over. looking forward to bringing it back.  Any things i should look out for on this model
      Weak points wear points ect Here is a pic as it is now just arriving home this morning
    • By Dan693
      Searched for months but never could find a factory set of LR 18" turf rear tires. Had a set of ATV tires so I mounted them. Actually not a bad look.
      No worry about traction........still stock and will stay that way.....just need the WH badged 18" rear tires.

• By SylvanLakeWH
      What you see is what you get.

• By Decker4
      1984 Wheel Horse C-195 black hood edition
      19.5 hp twin Kohler engine
      3 point hitch (NO rear PTO)
      60" heavy plow
      51" mower deck (That's without the guide chute attached; not sure if that's considered 60". )
      36" Snow thrower
      60x30" wheel horse wagon (currently this is included, but a local sale is pending)
      original owners manual
      Wheel weights (Tires are also filled, gel I think)
      Chains on front tires and parts for chains on the rear (rear chains in picture are not available)
      An assortment of other part, including heavy bar for the snow thrower, a pull chair, spare oil filter, etc.
      The tractor starts and runs well. It has some cosmetic issues but not what I would call damage. It's big, powerful, and a lot of fun. 
      It starts, but the current battery is undersized, so while it starts fine in the summer, I've been using my truck to jump it in the winter. The easy solution is battery with more cold cranking Amps.
      The mower deck has been redone with some welding (heavy duty steel) where it rusted through. The center guide wheel it missing.
      The snow thrower works, but is currently missing a link on the chain, and the sprockets are worn.
      I prefer to sell everything as a set, if possible Please email me if you're interested with "C-195" in the subject line. I live in Upstate NY along the PA line.