slim67

Barn finds

ACman

Sure... just one picture ... teaser :lol: ! 

Edited by ACman
  • Like 2

slim67

Well the guy that was to meet me when I came home from work to buy the 68 ,changed his mind about coming. He said he had too many projects. I know the feeling but sure would like to sell it. 

• Like 1

slim67
2 hours ago, ACman said:

Sure... just one picture ... teaser :lol: ! 

I fixed for you ACman.

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

How about the the rest of us?  Pictures am more fun that reading .

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

@slim67 Sorry I see you placed the second picture under the first picture. Interesting tractors.

slim67
24 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@slim67 Sorry I see you placed the second picture under the first picture. Interesting tractors.

i added that when I got home. They are classics but I havent got any bites on them yet. I guess guys like us are becoming a thing of the past:(. Nobody knows how to or wants to fix up stuff anymore. Ive reduced them to 250 each just to move them. I know they are not pristine but they do run.

• Like 2

Elkskin's mower junkyard

those old suburbans are tough. my 71 suburban 14 is my worker

• Like 1

slim67
5 hours ago, craftsmanmowerfreak said:

those old suburbans are tough. my 71 suburban 14 is my worker

i agree 100%. I love the grille on the 68.

DennisThornton

Great tractors at a good price.  I'd be tempted if closer. 

slim67
1 hour ago, DennisThornton said:

Great tractors at a good price.  I'd be tempted if closer. 

Thanks Dennis. Nice to see someone with good taste.:handgestures-thumbupright:

Elkskin's mower junkyard
4 hours ago, slim67 said:

i agree 100%. I love the grille on the 68.

i am just not fond of the tecumseh engines. my suburban 14, ss14, and ss15 all have cast iron briggs from factory lol

slim67
6 hours ago, craftsmanmowerfreak said:

i am just not fond of the tecumseh engines. my suburban 14, ss14, and ss15 all have cast iron briggs from factory lol

Yes i know,you and I have talked about that in the past. The old Tecumsehs were tough, but id like to try out a big B&S to see how it runs. Ive only come across one 15 suburban that had the B&S.

DennisThornton

They really are great tractors!  Yes this is a WH forum and yes I like WHs better but I really don't think the old Sears/Ropers get their do and just respect here.  Durable workhorses with lots of attachments including a manual 3 point hitch!  Haven't seen that on a WH...  (never have but somehow I'm thinking I'm going to soon! 😉) 

• Like 2

slim67
On 7/27/2017 at 6:50 PM, DennisThornton said:

They really are great tractors!  Yes this is a WH forum and yes I like WHs better but I really don't think the old Sears/Ropers get their do and just respect here.  Durable workhorses with lots of attachments including a manual 3 point hitch!  Haven't seen that on a WH...  (never have but somehow I'm thinking I'm going to soon! 😉) 

Yes Dennis you are spot on. I remember as a kid the thick sears catalogs that had everything. Sears had the power of knowing how to markets their items and it must have worked . I remember the neighborhood where I grew up was predominately Sears. They had some cool attatchments to boot. I also remember going with my Dad tp Big 4 lumber and looking at Speedex tractors on the showroom floor. I sold them both this morning to an old gentleman who really likes them so im happy and hes happy. I think one reason for me screwing around with these tractors is the memories of yesteryear. You dont want to lose those. 

• Like 2