Elkskin's mower junkyard

well this sucks

Elkskin's mower junkyard

so i have a 2004 10 x 12 foot metal shed. i moved it accross yard last year. well last year i put a patio infront of it bricks were given to me. and then i found some soft spounge type material for floor of shed what i thought was a good idea then i laid down mats on top of it. well i went to put my 1972 sears ss15 back in shed today found a hole in my plywood floor. well what was going on was water from patio was going right into shed. ( i fixed that issue a couple weeks ago.) well floor never dried up and rotted  half of my floor out. so i got to use my small check and go buy plywood for my floor in shed lol. live and learn but hey water no longer gets in shed. heres a pic of 701 sitting on patio.

0324171157-00.jpg

• Like 4

shallowwatersailor

Reminds me of the time I had a metal shed. Pressed wood had just gotten popular and I used it for a floor instead of plywood. It was cheaper and sealed it really well - but it started to disintegrate after a couple of years. Even ended up putting my foot through it. Oh well! When I replaced the metal shed with a larger wooden shed, I used 5/4 tongue and groove. 

• Like 2

Elkskin's mower junkyard
2 hours ago, shallowwatersailor said:

Reminds me of the time I had a metal shed. Pressed wood had just gotten popular and I used it for a floor instead of plywood. It was cheaper and sealed it really well - but it started to disintegrate after a couple of years. Even ended up putting my foot through it. Oh well! When I replaced the metal shed with a larger wooden shed, I used 5/4 tongue and groove. 

well we got back from menards with treated plywood old wood wasnt treated. got left rear corner done and it started raining lol.got left front corner to do and then couple center boards. later this year ill buy a new board for front right and replace another center one then. right front isnt too bad its a little weak but fine for now. we got this shed from menards after dad first started getting disability.

Elkskin's mower junkyard

IMG_0801.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

• Like 1

stevasaurus

That is not rotten plywood...those are teeth marks!! 

49ec5cb9e4e8258f4209fc60e72963ce.jpg

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 3

Elkskin's mower junkyard
1 hour ago, stevasaurus said:

That is not rotten plywood...those are teeth marks!! 

49ec5cb9e4e8258f4209fc60e72963ce.jpg

lol. work on replacing more of it tomorrow. today since its raining cleaning shed up lol

• Like 1

tunahead72

• Like 2

Elkskin's mower junkyard

it is now done

IMG_0804.JPG