Wheelhorsegt14

C160 auto leaking

Wheelhorsegt14

I have a gt14 that seems to have a c160 hydro trans in it due to the tow valve not being on top. I have ordered the gaskets to fix the leak. Am new to small tractors this is what is happening. I start the tractor it does not move very fast and barely has reverse. It will not go up hill even a small one. When I first started it is can stand on the 3 point and it will lift me. But after it warms up or gets up to pressure it will not lift any more. Was wanting to know if I replace the gasket where is it leaking do you think this will fix the problem. 

953 nut

I am a Christian who believes in miraculous healing, but I doubt that a gasket will cure the symptoms as described! The Sundstrand manuals that I attached to one of your other posts has pressure testing and trouble shooting guidance, have you been able to gather any good (or bad) data from these tests?

• Like 1

Aldon

You were given some specific info on one of the other threads.

Perhaps your planning on it already but it is likely that your Hydro needs more work than gaskets. The brass slippers are very likely in need of attention or the unit may need replaced altogether.

• Like 1

daveoman1966

The symptoms you dkescribe....ok cold, but power loss when warm...  is positive sign that the internal brass piston slipper surfaces are worn and scratched, causing loss of pressure, leading to power loss.  There are other internals that are similarly worn and need resurfaced.  Follow the sundstrand manual to make the repairs.  On reassembly, be certain to keep all parts white-towel clean with a thin coat of lube on the mating parts...I use the red engine assembly oil.  58c47993dae6f_1(148).thumb.JPG.86ead9447f299c0a52e0ea5fe55dd092.JPG 

1 (252).JPG

• Like 3