Jump to content
Deadguy

Another one followed me home!

Recommended Posts

Why stop...having a :wh: ranch is a good thing. 

You got a nice new haul there.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Deadguy said:

is it hopeless?

:text-yeahthat:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree!  Why stop?  The only thing that's in my way to getting more than 3 is room.  If I had the room, I'd really get myself in trouble!

:wh::wh::wh::wh::wh: haha!

Cool tractor, by the way!

Edited by WheelHorseNut
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trouble? Five Horses have already followed me home! I am already looking at number 6!  The thing is, my wife and I have so much work and different jobs to do on our property, it just saves us so much time to have a different :wh: set up for each common job, instead of constantly reconfiguring one tractor every time we do  something.  For example, this C120 will be set up as our primary mowing machine, our Raider 10 is set up for plowing/dozing work and heavy hauling, the 857 is set up for garden plowing and discing, the Lawn Ranger is our trim and tight spaces mower and small yard work hauler, the Suburban 551 will be the garden cultivator, and we are considering one more to be set up for misc. woods and trail work.  None of our :wh: gets bored!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certain case of Wheel Horse Addiction. A good thing!

Does the Ms. believe the, "Followed me home." story thingy?

 

 

carrot-and-stick.jpg

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then you will need one more to mount the ice cream maker on, and another one to drive to the mailbox, and another one to restore, and another one to keep the garden tiller on, and on and on and on............;)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wheel-N-It said:

Then you will need one more to mount the ice cream maker on, and another one to drive to the mailbox, and another one to restore, and another one to keep the garden tiller on, and on and on and on............;)

 

 

I like Ike the way you think!

11 minutes ago, Wheel-N-It said:

Then you will need one more to mount the ice cream maker on, and another one to drive to the mailbox, and another one to restore, and another one to keep the garden tiller on, and on and on and on............;)

 

I actually have ridden the Lawn Ranger to the mailbox, and I have been considering a tiller tractor too.  Thank you for reminding me!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Deadguy said:

Trouble? Five Horses have already followed me home! I am already looking at number 6!  The thing is, my wife and I have so much work and different jobs to do on our property, it just saves us so much time to have a different :wh: set up for each common job, instead of constantly reconfiguring one tractor every time we do  something.  For example, this C120 will be set up as our primary mowing machine, our Raider 10 is set up for plowing/dozing work and heavy hauling, the 857 is set up for garden plowing and discing, the Lawn Ranger is our trim and tight spaces mower and small yard work hauler, the Suburban 551 will be the garden cultivator, and we are considering one more to be set up for misc. woods and trail work.  None of our :wh: gets bored!

I tried that one and she laughed at me... When I told her about the GT14 I'm buying lol.  Oh, I'm still doing it when we get more room...It'll be a Wheel Horse paradise when I have the room.

 

47 minutes ago, Wheel-N-It said:

Then you will need one more to mount the ice cream maker on, and another one to drive to the mailbox, and another one to restore, and another one to keep the garden tiller on, and on and on and on............;)

Now you're talking!  I tried to sell her on a nice little A-90 to cruise around the yard with... mind you our current yard is under an acre lol...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I talked with a guy I work with about this tractor, and he said don't pull anything with it, because he had a Bolens with a Sundstrand transmission and when he tried to pull a bush out of the ground with it, the transmission fried.  Should I worry about doing any work with this tractor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deadguy said:

I talked with a guy I work with about this tractor, and he said don't pull anything with it, because he had a Bolens with a Sundstrand transmission and when he tried to pull a bush out of the ground with it, the transmission fried.  Should I worry about doing any work with this tractor?

Sounds like someone didn't do proper preventive maintenance on that Sunstrand, I can't say for certain with :wh: Sundstrand but with the older CUB CADETs I don't know of any frying pulling more than it's weight and as far as the Eaton 1100 I can attest to their durability if maintained properly they'll push/pull whatever I've thrown at mine just my :twocents-02cents:,Jeff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe but I think you have to make that call through trial. Me, I prefer gears.

Oh and WVHillbilly did touch on something with the older Cub Cadets. You won't fry one of those but they're a whole different animal.

Edited by Wheel-N-It
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This tractor I will be using for mowing, but it will be pulling a 500lb roller, and my property does have some slope to it.  I do have a geared tractor for ground ripping type work.  Think this should be fine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it will easily pull 500 lbs roller with no problem. pulled a lot with my C120 Auto

 

 

 

 

 

eric j

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Deadguy said:

This tractor I will be using for mowing, but it will be pulling a 500lb roller, and my property does have some slope to it.  I do have a geared tractor for ground ripping type work.  Think this should be fine?

Yes, I'm sure it will pull a 500 pound roller no problem. Take care of the tractor by making sure the bearings on the roller axle are greased and in good shape. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 0:53 PM, Deadguy said:

I actually have ridden the Lawn Ranger to the mailbox, and I have been considering a tiller tractor too.  Thank you for reminding me!

 

Grandson uses our Panzer for mail box runs, the Horses are for workin'.

 

Chris_Panzer.MOV

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Deadguy    Nice find.  Hey it is fun what else are going to do with you $$$$ Enjoy.

Edited by T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×