September 8-11, 2016

Just 1 day ’til the next Antique Show!

Gate Fee $5.00

White River Valley Show September 2016.jpg

• Like 2

953 nut

:wwp:

Lane Ranger

Yes  I will have the camera in tow Richard!   I know Henry Bullington from Tenn. will be going.    I am not taking any tractors but I will get some pictures for sure!

Edited by Lane Ranger

jdleach

The only drag, is that they are calling for a 50% chance of rain beginning tomorrow night, and going through to the weekend. I plan on attending anyway on Friday, just going to invest in a couple bumbershoots (umbrella). Wanting to drag my almost 4-year old granddaughter with the wife and I. Don't know if her mother can attend.

This is a premier show that I rarely missed when I lived over in the Bedford area, but have only attended a couple times since moving to Columbus in 2000.

Last time I went, there was a pretty respectable garden tractor showing, although the emphasis is on vintage agricultural equipment, with a smattering of steam. Flea market is often very good, and quite large.

• Like 1

KC9KAS

@Lane Ranger What day are you planning on being there?

I plan on Saturday, but the rain may dampen my plans!

• Like 1

jdleach

Looks like the daughter will be able to go, although she has a doctor's appointment in the morning. We probably will not get down there till noonish. Just got through looking at Google, and the trip won't be as bad as I thought. Forgot all about I-69 going through the area. Worst part of the trip will be through the hills and hollers around Nashville to Bloomington. 

Will definitely take my POS camera, and post some comparison photos. Ones taken around 20 years ago of me with my daughter and her riding on the barrel train, and my grandcritter getting to do the same thing now. Difference is that the daughter was never much interested in tractors and machines, although she liked to go for the food and flea market stuff. Grand daughter is enamored with them, so she should be a lot of fun. I expect there will be a non-stop stream of questions and chatter from her the entire afternoon.

• Like 3

Lane Ranger

I will be going with Roger Parmley of Greencastle on Thursday.   We are not taking any tractors - just going to see the show and see what is in the swap meet area.

• Like 1

jdleach

Well, if any Red Square folks are attending on Friday, and you see a fossilized, white haired guy with a red R.S. hat, that will be me.

• Like 1

KC9KAS
1 hour ago, jdleach said:

If any Red Square folks are attending on Friday, and you see a fossilized, white haired guy with a red R.S. hat, that will be me.

Well that description sounds like me and the people I run with!

• Like 2