jbumgarner

Looking for help with a restoration

I have a 702 with a blade and Mower thay has been sitting for a couple years so I thought if I was going to get it going I may as well do it right.  I don't have a lot of time and was hoping someone could refer me to someone that does restorations.  I'd like to get the tractor back in good running condition so just a mechanical restoration and some clear coat to preserve the patina.  I'm in northern Illinois if anyone knows of someone to refer me to.  Thanks in advance for the advice.

Could always take it to these guys...:ychain:

Seriously check the local car & motorcycle shops they may do stuff like that or more important knows some one that does in your area.

28fa0accbca8447c213b0ef3d2c0ae92.jpg

• Like 5

I checked your profile for clues as to why you don't have time to do the restoration work on your tractor. Seeing you are a Director of Public Works told me all I need to know. That is a very time consuming role. 

Hopefully someone here can help you locally. If all else fails, check LAGT magazine. There are usually restoration services offered in the classifieds sections. Good luck with your restoration from a 701 owner.

jbumgarner  Do have any dealer ships in your area that sold Wheel Horse? Check our dealer listings here to see. I have done a few engines that way that needed machine shop work done. And some times they still have parts for the engines and the tractor. It seems a good place to start. Enjoy the project.