oe espo

86' 312A Power loss under load and hills

TimH

Just clean all the carbon with a brass air brush Get a new valve for the Ex. Lap them in You should be able to get the tool and compound from advance or another auto parts place. FYI it say in the man. engine needs de carboned  once in a while I order a valve  knurl the valve guides. Adjust valves per this sheet I attached Your auto parts supplier might have a set to rent. This should take care of your problem until you can do a rebuild. 

9bf134781d90b77d6574f6dcc326057e-toro83-presmisc--0013-screen-shot.jpg

Sorry wrong pic

Kohler K-Series SM TP-2379 LR.pdf

oe espo

Ok, new valve and guide came in today.  much to my dismay the new valve doesnt fit into the new guide :think:.  Having not done this before, is that normal.  even if i put the guide in myself i will still have to take the tractor to a machine shop to ream the new guide for clearance to the new valve????  kinda thought that two newly machined parts would match, unless one of them is wrong?  not sure what do do now.

Any parts guys on here that could verify my part numbers?

K301S.jpg

ExValve.jpg

oldredrider

Valve guides need to be reamed AFTER they are installed. That is why the valve stem doesn't fit now. A good machine shop will also cut new valve seats after installation of the guides.

• Like 1

oe espo

Thanks