bslms

Ag tires on 314-8

bslms

New member looking for some tire advice.

i want to replace the turf tires on my 312 with Ag tires, would like more traction with the chain hassle.  There seems to be 2 suppliers with the size that I need (23x10.50-12),  Carlisle and  Deestone.  Looking at the pictures, the Carlisle appears to have squarer shoulders than the Deestone, that probably does not affect performance, or does it?  I am familiar with Carlisle quality, how do the Deestones compare?  Where I am looking now one Carlisle is $100, the Deestones are $71 each.  Big difference in cost, savings would pay for ballast.  On the surface the Deestones seem to be the better value.   Anyone out there willing to share there experiences?   Thanks.

Achto

There are a few more brands out there, Cheng Shin comes to mind. Check out millertire.com they have a good selection. I have some Deestone 3 rib tires on the front of one of my tractors and noticed some minor cracking in the side walls after 1 year. My dad has Carlise's on the rear of his Cub Cadets that are over 8yrs old that still look good, his tractors don't get worked much though. If your out for traction I would look for a deep lug that fits your budget. Also check out amazon, I've gotten some good deals on there. Some times with free shipping. 

Edited by achto

bslms

Thanks for the reply achto.  That was what I was looking for, info on the quality of the tires.  Think I will go with the Carlisles.  I was, indeed, looking on Amazon.  I will never wear these tires out so I want tires that won't rot out from under me a couple of years from now.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

T-Mo

The Carlisles will be a bit larger in diameter, though they're both 23 inch tires.  Deestones run a bit smaller than Carlisles.

Sparky

I bet there's a reason for that price difference....I would "invest" a few extra bucks and get the Carlisle's. Years ago I bought a set of Deestones and they seemed to have worn down quickly in my opinion...and they are a bit smaller than the advertised size of 23".

Mike........

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

TSC has the HI RUN and sitting on the floor unmounted they measure 23" tall and lawnmowertires.com has OTR brand and I bought a used set of Nankang years ago other than dry cracked the tread has held up rather well mowing tilling and snow removal,Jeff.

IMAG1914.jpg

Screenshot_2016-04-16-22-44-31.png

• Like 1

hm12460

Spend a little more and get the Carlisle's. You won't regret it.

• Like 4

scotty

Ive had BKT ag tires on my b-80 for a while. They seem to wear really good. I use them for plowing snow and some dirt and mowing.

TDF5G

I have Carlise AGs on my B-80.  Ran them for about 20 years now.  Still in good shape.  I bought them for better mowing traction on the hills in my yard.  

B-80 DOZER BLADE 003.JPG

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 2

WheelHorseNut

That looks great -- nice tractor!  I just picked up a B-80 a few weekends ago.  What size did you go with?  They look like they really held up well, that's for sure!

TDF5G
7 minutes ago, WheelHorseNut said:

That looks great -- nice tractor!  I just picked up a B-80 a few weekends ago.  What size did you go with?  They look like they really held up well, that's for sure!

Thank you.  Those are 23X8.50-12.  They have held up well.  Used to push snow with it also until a couple of years ago.  My drive is gravel, so it hardly ever gets run on pavement. 

WheelHorseNut

Thanks very much for the info.  Going to be using mine in the dirt  a bit so I'm sure that will help.  Thanks again!

• Like 1