can whlvr

flip flops and tools

can whlvr

so my neighbor is the kind of guy yhat should never touch a screw driver unalone a chain saw,he bought a large stihl years ago and hes really never used it,ive put hundreds of hours on it but he has only cut a few branches with it,i caught him using his smaller poulan a few years ago with flipflops and a glass of bourbon and proptly told him he was an idiot and shouldn't teach his daughters how to use machinery this way,im fairly close to him so I tell him as it is,he pretty much laughed at me and had a drink and then cut more branches.so a few years down the road he comes to me and asks for the stihl back to cut branches from a very bad storm we had in late march,so I sharpen it,fuel it andgive it back,and say be careful.well last sunday hes out in his flip flops and a large glass of scotch and he slips while cutting and hits his ankle real bad.the saw cut into the bone at least an inch,and today he was rushed to the hospital as it is now infected,he might lose his leg,its touch and go,after he got out from the hospital sunday they didn't give him antibiotics so its turned septic,just a heads up,DONT WEAR FLIP FLOPS AND CUT FIRE WOOD,OR MOW THE LAWN

• Like 6

stevebo

or drink bourbon:ph34r:

• Like 7

JAinVA

Sounds more like some people should NEVER have power tools.Any tool that can chew up a tree will have no problem chewing a human up.  JAinVA

• Like 6

Daddy Don

You can tell him I told you so. Maybe the girls will learn a lesson from this. Hope he doesn't lose his leg.  

• Like 2

clueless

If your a grown man and your not in the house, or at the beach, don't wear flipflops, JMHO.

Chris in Florida.

• Like 4

SylvanLakeWH

My 17 year old son wears work boots (he first started his lawn business at age 10). Ain't a fashion statement but he can still use all ten toes to count with...(same with me)...

• Like 2

WHX??

I don't believe they make flip flops with steel toes!?!?!  Yah I think an I told ya so is in order...here hold my beer & watch this.....

AMC RULES

Worksafe+Thongs.jpg

• Like 2

DougC

Sorry to here of your neighbors unfortunate and totally preventable accident. In his case his condition was indeed self inflicted......:disgust: