Hukah

552 drive belt size?

Hukah

Sorry for all the 'newbie' questions, guys, but no one has told me to take a hike yet so I'll push my luck with another (likely) redundant question; What is the correct drive belt size for my 552, anybody know?
And an aside; Does the mower deck operate on the same drive belt, or is that going to be a 'take-off' pulley next to it (I am painting it so I can't align it up to tell ATM).

Thanks again.

Edited by Hukah

Racinbob

The drive belt doesn't operate the deck. That's a shorter belt on the second pulley down to the deck. The drive belt is a 1576 which is 1/2" x 70" :)

No problem with the questions. We all like them. Nobody will tell you to take a hike unless you're asking for things to to while visiting the Smokies. :rolleyes:

Here's the owners manual:

• Like 2

Hukah

Thanks @Racinbob, I'm expecting at any moment someone telling me "why didn't you check under .....such and such?", but I have checked and couldn't find answers, so....., but yeah, I guess most people don't mind chimin in when the opportunity arises for them to share.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Hukah
      By Hukah
      I need to re-power my 552.
      The only thing I can afford is a 3/4 shaft job.
      I know I'll have to change pullies, but am I going to run into problems, seeing as the original was a 1 inch shaft?
    • Hukah
      By Hukah
      I bought a great engine of CL for $20 (Briggs 5.5hp).
      it was on a snowblower, however, and has no throttle or choke control from the driver seat.
      i got a choke control hooked up, but the throttle control is being finicky.
      i am mechanically apt, but not familiar with all the different intricacies of different units and I'm assuming the way this type of engine works is interfering with my new linkage I installed?
      anybody got any tips I can try to get this working properly?
    • Hukah
      By Hukah
      I am going to rebuild my H55.
      i am taking pics to remind me where it goes and what it looks like, but the fuse block had been disconnect years before I got it.
      can someone explain the wiring to/from this block?
      is it possible to put lights on this electrical system?

iver just about got this thing back on the job thanks to you all.

i just tried to upload a pic and it won't let me.
      ill post one from my computer soon.
    • Hukah
      By Hukah
      Now that I've got the red and black painted, I'm painting the whites and just now getting cold feet while looking at the bas-relief WHEELHORSE lettering across the top of the grill.
      any tips/pointers as to the best approach to this task?

Thanks for all the help you guys bring, I don't think I could have gotten this far without you.
    • Hukah
      By Hukah
      I didn't take the trans apart when I restored my 552.
      the last time this thing actually worked was about 16 years ago, and the trans worked fine then.
      whats happening now is, with the engine running I step on the brake but the drive pulley keeps spinning, locking me out from putting it into any gear.

anybody know what I'm up against?