Jerry77

need advice on 516H from a newbie

Jerry77

Hey, I need some advice....got this 516H a few weeks ago and have been going over it. Runs good after you finally get it started - has a clear fuel filter and looks like the pump is very weak..thinking about putting a low pressure electric in it...need advice on that and also I had put chains on it for pushing dirt and gravel and have noticed that there is only about an inch or less clearance between the chain and the hydro cooling fan - scary - anyone else think this could be a problem - thanks in advance for any and all advice .. I surely do appreciate it.

gwest_ca

This model has an Eaton 700 transmission which is not meant for ground engaging attachments. Think I would limit traction by leaving the chains off to save the transmission.

Garry

• Like 4

KC9KAS

@Jerry77 :WRS: Glad to have another "Southern Indiana" member.

• Like 1

slammer302

If it's running well at wide open throttle I would say the pump is working as it should. You may take the air cleaner off and make sure the choke butterfly is shutting all the way.This could help the hard starting And maybe a good carb cleaning. I never understood why they put the Eaton 700 in the 516H maybe you got lucky and got one of the few good 700's

Edited by slammer302

AMC RULES

:WRS:

Jerry77

Thanks to all for the advice - believe I will remove the chains - tranny seems strong, but it is old ( like me, he he)