jb4249

RJ 58 with Predator egine belt guard

AMC RULES

Does look really good...    :handgestures-salute:

have any picts of the other side to share here too? 

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat::wwp:

AlwaysLookin80

That's awesome it fit correctly. I was thinking of putting a new engine on my daughters suburban. How much did the engine set you back if you don't mind me asking?

neil

Very nice , got ant pics from about 10 feet away ?

jsp_333

You weren't kidding when you said "nicely restored".

Looks fantastic.  And yes please post more photos.

jb4249

The Engine was $89 at Harbor Freight. It is the 79cc model about 3 hp. I put the 212 cc on my Lawn Ranger. I couldn't find any good pics of the RJ, so I will take a few this afternoon and post them.

Ted

• Like 3

Achto

If you check out some of the go kart web pages you can get an exhaust flange and use some conduit to get the exhaust away from your leg. You could also just weld a pipe nipple to the flange and use pipe fittings to extend out from there for a more ( like they did at the factory look). I used a motorcycle muffler on mine, it's a little loud but it fit the theme of my project.  My Suburban has the 212 HF engine in it that I have modified to get around 8 1/2 hp out of it. Nice looking job on your RJ!

iIMG_20160104_163448912.jpg

Edited by achto
  • Like 1

jb4249

As promised. The Lawn Ranger is in the middle and my 854 is closest to the door. Also pictured is the K90 engine that I intended on using on the RJ, still might if I can get it to run. 

100_8663.JPG

100_8664.JPG

100_8666.JPG

100_8667.JPG

100_8668.JPG

100_8669.JPG

• Like 7

AlwaysLookin80

Looks great. With people wanting 2- to 300 for the 4 hp kohlers, I think i might go that route on one or two of my tractors. Very nice RJ. 

WHX??

Whats going on with the k90?...looks like it's ready to jump off the bench and get working!

Lane Ranger

I have a K90 that had no spark and it turned out that a wire to the points had been chewed up by mice behind the bearing plate !  How they got in there I don't know but   it took a while to find it and  once repaired spark  was like a new motor!   

Ken B
9 hours ago, J.A. said:

Looks great. With people wanting 2- to 300 for the 4 hp kohlers, I think i might go that route on one or two of my tractors. Very nice RJ. 

If you can find a K90 or K91 in good running condition for 2-300 bucks that is a steal these days... If it has a working Fairbanks or Schnacke recoil on it then the recoil alone can fetch 100-150 bucks.  Worth the investment IMHO. Nice RJ by the way! Good to see it up and going and that you are enjoying it..

• Like 2

jb4249

The K90 has a weak spark. I've tried points and condenser and the little between the points and coil. Also the plug wire. I had a parts engine and used the coil out of it and same thing. So it is either the coil or I've set something wrong. I am going to get back after it this summer, but for now I can play with it. Thanks for the comments.

Ted

Racinbob

Nice looking herd you have there. :)

jb4249

Here's a picture of the Raider with Craftsman set. It' just sitting there. I'm also including a picture of the top or the transmission and gear lever. This is supposed to be a 6 speed, so I think there should be 2 levers? I also tried to adjust the forks inside, under the lever. One of them moves and the other does not, so I need to look into this further. I do however have a 702 that has a 3 speed that looks like it would fit. I need to try that or possibly try to fix this one again.

Ted

100_8676.JPG

100_8677.JPG

100_8678.JPG