TimH

Hello New Here. I just picked up a 312-A I am wanted to restore it. Trying to find a Manual and places to buy parts. Thanks for any help that I can get

Tim 

KC9KAS

1s of all, :WRS:

You can find manuals on Red Square manuals section.

Some parts are still available from TORO, other parts have to be found on EBay, Craigslist, or in our "Classified Ads".

I see you have good taste in motorcycles!

GEDC0126-1-1.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:WRS:

953 nut

:WRS:   Not sure what year 312 A you have so I picked out a couple of downloads that may be a good starting point.

TimH

WoW That's was fast, Thanks. My 312 is a 85

elcamino/wheelhorse

:text-welcomeconfetti: to Red Square.

TimH

Any one know were I could find a parts pic of mower deck on the 312-A ? Thanks

TimH

Here a few picks  of some problems mounting deck I think. Doesn't raise with handle. I think there needs to be a bracket and chain is not hooked up. Thanks

IMG_0648.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

IMG_0650.JPG

elcamino/wheelhorse

I am no expert but I have a few questions and hopefully some answers. Why are the hose clamps attached to the rod in picture 2? Does the deck stick out one side of the tractor than the other? If so the bracket in picture 1 should be on the other side of the attach o matic bracket.  

TimH
2 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I am no expert but I have a few questions and hopefully some answers. Why are the hose clamps attached to the rod in picture 2? Does the deck stick out one side of the tractor than the other? If so the bracket in picture 1 should be on the other side of the attach o matic bracket.  

Old owner must of broke bracket A home made one was welded on Looks like he used hose clamps as spacers . I see what you mean about deck it is off center. I still can not figure out how the mower deck gets raise. Does the chain do that if its hooked up ? Thanks

gwest_ca

Here are the manuals for a deck that fits your tractor. May not be the same style or size of deck but they all hook up the same.

Garry

elcamino/wheelhorse

I hope I get this right. If you lower the deck all the way to the ground and lower the rear wheels on the deck , the deck should be 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch off the ground. Lower the lift ( I assume yours is hydraulic) to the down position. A arm with a pin should be visible. There should be a bar on the deck with a slot in it. Slide the deck so the pin goes into the slot. There should be a rod hanging down from the lift arm that attaches to the chain.  Rotate the rod with the hose clamps so the v shaped bracket will engage the rod  on the attach a matic hitch. raise the hydraulic lift to the up position and your deck should raise off the ground. It is hard to explain but :wh: has the easiest deck attachments I have ever seen. Ok guys help me out with my 1/2 A _ _ explanation.  Look at the manual closely it should explain everything.

Edited by elcamino/wheelhorse
added to

TimH
15 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I hope I get this right. If you lower the deck all the way to the ground and lower the rear wheels on the deck , the deck should be 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch off the ground. Lower the lift ( I assume yours is hydraulic) to the down position. A arm with a pin should be visible. There should be a bar on the deck with a slot in it. Slide the deck so the pin goes into the slot. There should be a rod hanging down from the lift arm that attaches to the chain.  Rotate the rod with the hose clamps so the v shaped bracket will engage the rod  on the attach a matic hitch. raise the hydraulic lift to the up position and your deck should raise off the ground. It is hard to explain but :wh: has the easiest deck attachments I have ever seen. Ok guys help me out with my 1/2 A _ _ explanation.  Look at the manual closely it should explain everything.

Thanks Everyone This forum is great. I hope some day I will be able to help out,------Tim