ClassicTractorProfessor

My 1277

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

RedRanger

Nice!  I was looking for a 1277 when I found my 867.

That deck looks like new too!

Welcome to RS!:rs:

Based on that red truck and tractor turning orange, looks like the OK sun is rough on red paint.

Edited by RedRanger
  • Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor
11 minutes ago, RedRanger said:

Nice!  I was looking for a 1277 when I found my 867.

That deck looks like new too!

Welcome to RS!:rs:

Based on that red truck and tractor turning orange, looks like the OK sun is rough on red paint.

Yes it is rough on red paint out here. That old truck is my other pride and joy and work in progress as well. 

Here is a picture the day after I picked it up with the blade I have for it as well. Sorry for the poor quality this one was taken with my old phone

image.jpeg

• Like 3

slovinski

Nice save on a straight looking horse, cool Ford also!!!!!

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

one word.." sweet ".  welcome.

Glenn

• Like 1

KC9KAS

:WRS: Nice find. I'm sure you will have more WH tractors before long! They do multiply!

AMC RULES

Don't ruin that patina. 

:WRS:

Ken B

Very nice score on the 1277. I'm really digging the truck, it looks to be in real solid shape. I can appreciate any tough old American made truck, Besides, back well over 30 yrs. ago my very first vehicle was a 1964 Ford F-100 ex power company service truck. I sure do miss that truck....

russellmc301

i mow about 2 acre with one, it is a 1276 there cant be too much different so i can reference mine if you have any questions

i call it big red and my snapper little red.:) 

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher

Professor1990    :WRS:     Nice find. Like Craig said save that original patina. There is many ways to do it just ask  and you will get help here. I just use Marvel on the paint put it  on with a rag let it set for a day wipe it off the next. It brings out what color  you have and it stops the rust.

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS: Having nice friends who give you a :wh: is a good thing! Lots of helpful folks here to help you through your project.

ClassicTractorProfessor
1 hour ago, KC9KAS said:

:WRS: Nice find. I'm sure you will have more WH tractors before long! They do multiply!

Yes that's what I have heard. This one has only been home about a month and I'm already looking for my next one

36 minutes ago, Ken B said:

Very nice score on the 1277. I'm really digging the truck, it looks to be in real solid shape. I can appreciate any tough old American made truck, Besides, back well over 30 yrs. ago my very first vehicle was a 1964 Ford F-100 ex power company service truck. I sure do miss that truck....

Both the truck and tractor are in solid shape. The old 66 just rolled over 100k original miles and still works just as hard as she did 50 yrs ago. Back this past summer our newer pickup went down in the middle of hay season and that old red ford hauled 1200 big round grass bales out of the field on a trailer 6 at a time. I like keeping old equipment around and using it for what it's meant to be used for...work. I would like to find a tiller and some other attachments for the 1277, as I think it would be handy to use in my landscaping business

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: Prof.         Great looking :wh:.         :text-coolphotos:

WHX??

Hello and welcome  to :rs:

Real nice patina:handgestures-thumbupright: , I didn't realize the value of old paint till the folls here wised me up.

• Like 1

ACman

Welcome, nice tractor and you couldn't beat the price . Put that horse back to work .

ClassicTractorProfessor

Thanks for all the likes on my post...I plan on putting this old horse back to work over time. Still trying to decide if I want to restore and paint her or keep the original patina on her. Does anyone know anywhere to get parts for this thing as you can see I worked on this things fenders and seat the other day but would like to find a better set somewhere for it as opposed to leaving the ones that are on it now and the way I've got them Jerry rigged together

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

953 nut

If you don't mind a non-original seat you will find a great selection at Tractor Supply or on line at agrisupply.com. 

rjg854

Prof, if you change out those parts it will hurt the originality of the patina if you want to keep it as is, because it will have different colors. As I've been told by different members, it's only original once.

ClassicTractorProfessor

Thanks again but I think I may have decided to go ahead and restore her...I as well as anyone appreciates the original look but I think for several reasons I should go ahead and restore her...been looking at several seat options but would like to have something like an original reproduction or something similar to original

AMC RULES

Pretty sure, Michigan seat was the original manufacturer...

that would be your search...either high back, or low...you can usually find 'em on Ebay. 

TDF5G

Good looking old Horse!

:WRS: