Ed Kennell

Brussels bombing

Ed Kennell

Sending thoughts  and prayers to the victims and their families.

• Like 5

SylvanLakeWH

Mine too...

Such sad nonsense...

• Like 3

roadapples

+ 1 ...Is there anything more hypocritical than killing in the name of religion...

• Like 5

953 nut

In January I attended a two day seminar titled "Understanding Islam". I came away with a considerable amount of information and knowledge about the global Muslim population; but I will never understand the concept of Islamic Jihad. We are so privileged to live in nations that protect our rights of religion and thought. It is tragic that our freedoms tend to make us vulnerable to those who are convinced that we must conform to their  thinking, or die.

• Like 6

DennisThornton

I doubt a "two day seminar" would help me much.  I've read a bit and watched a few programs about Islam that have left me with a positive feeling for the followers but the radicals never fail to shock me!  Seems most religions focus on converting rather then killing those who do not believe, but if killing all who do not believe is ISIS's faith then they have a lot of work to do!  I'm betting against them!

Edited by DennisThornton
syntax
  • Like 2

russellmc301

how could anyone just go and do things like that?

rjg854

It's a mindset we will never understand. Our way is forgiveness, love, charity, mercy. These are some of the things we were brought up with, to believe in. To pass on to others.

Their's is blood and death, these jihadists, seems like that's all they know or want. Truly sad. 

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Pray they find a good book. :pray:

• Like 2

C-101plowerpower

the ISIS arseholes have done it again, and they are getting way to close for my liking. Brussel is only 193 miles from me:omg:

• Like 6

RedRanger

The jokers aren't going to stop until they rule the world and the rest of us are dead.  I can't understand why so many people are surprised each time this happens.  They cannot be swayed and they cannot be converted.  They do not understand peace, respect, or love.  The only fix is to eliminate them before they eliminate us.  Our problem is most of our world leaders have their heads up their ass and the rest are feckless.  Here's to hoping the next time does not include you or someone you know, because there will be a next time.  Probably within the next 6 months based on their schedule.

• Like 2

ztnoo

Unfortunately, western Europe is in a really bad position regarding jihadists. Years of very liberal immigration policies throughout the EU has lead to some very unsavory characters infiltrating and living among the population.

When I toured Europe on 1972 on a BMW R75/5 motorcycle, there were clearly defined national borders that meant something, you actually had to stop at a customs point at each border for your papers to be reviewed and you might be questioned, especially if something didn't appear to be right or your passport and other documents weren't in order. That doesn't happen now. Today, you drive right through national borders, and for all practical purposes there is absolute freedom of movement for anyone to go across multiple borders in a day's travel time without ever being stopped once to be questioned or reviewed by customs officials. There are hundred of thousands of essentially "stateless" individuals moving and roaming around western Europe.......unimpeded. It's a perfect situation for jihadists to move about and maintain networks and cells transporting bombs, arms, and ammunition who are plotting only one thing......to destroy as much property and kill as many innocents as possible to create total panic among European populations. These extremists have absolutely no regard for life......look at how they willingly sacrifice their own lives to create chaos.

Europe has set itself up for virtual destruction and has no one to blame but itself. Some areas in some European cities are virtual Islamic controlled zones where few native born citizens would dare go. 10% of the population of France has an ethic background from Middle East or North Africa. 9% of the French population is Muslim. In Sweden, 45% of the crimes were committed by immigrants or their children. And, almost all of the 45% were Muslim. Germany recently allowed an influx of 1.5 million people in one calendar year, the vast majority of those immigrants are Muslim. In Belgium, Muslims make up 6% of the total Belgian population, in Brussels Muslims are 25.5% of the population. This figure was already projected to grow to over 33% by 2020. In The Netherlands, the Muslim population is 7% of the total, and in the port city of Rotterdam, the Muslim population is over 25 percent. In Norway, Muslims comprised only 1.5% of the total population in Norway, they accounted for over 50% of the entire country’s rapes. From 1980 to 2013, the Muslim population in Switzerland went from below 1% of the total population to over 5%. In less than 50 years, from 1961 to 2011, registered mosques in the UK went from just 7 to over 1,500. That figure is statistically improbable without there being an active (but ignored) invasion. Even Australia, by all counts a "western" nation, which is far removed physically from the US and Europe has experienced recent problems with Islamic immigration seeking to implement Sharia law in some areas of Oz.

If you are not stunned and shocked enough yet, read more here:

12 Western Countries That Will Be Islamic Republics In The Next 20 Years:  http://conservativeamerica-online.com/12-western-countries-that-will-be-islamic-republics-in-the-next-20-years-france-1-of-12/

As bad a 9/11 was, and the more recent events in San Bernardino, CA were, if we as a nation stoop to the European model of dealing with immigration which admits any and all without any background checks or individual skills (which might be a positive thing for society), then we will also see the slaughter occur more frequently in the US. And it won't just happened in big, highly urbanized areas of our country. When events like a high school basketball game in a small Kansas community,  a church service in some rural Idaho town,  a 7 Eleven store somewhere in Ohio, or maybe a Nascar race come under fire and scores of people are killed, that's when we'll know the jihadists are truly here among us. They are here, waiting to strike.

If you believe that could never happen here, don't hold your breath. It can and it probably will, unfortunately. Until we have a president who fully recognizes the threat and effectively deals with it on a national level instead of sticking his head in the sand ignoring the real problem and the horrific threat we as a nation are under, its open season in the USA as far as the jihadists are concerned.

Edited by ztnoo
  • Like 3

RedRanger
1 hour ago, ztnoo said:

Unfortunately, western Europe is in a really bad position regarding jihadists. Years of very liberal immigration policies throughout the EU has lead to some very unsavory characters infiltrating and living among the population.

When I toured Europe on 1972 on a BMW R75/5 motorcycle, there were clearly defined national borders that meant something, you actually had to stop at a customs point at each border for your papers to be reviewed and you might be questioned, especially if something didn't appear to be right or your passport and other documents weren't in order. That doesn't happen now. Today, you drive right through national borders, and for all practical purposes there is absolute freedom of movement for anyone to go across multiple borders in a day's travel time without ever being stopped once to be questioned or reviewed by customs officials. There are hundred of thousands of essentially "stateless" individuals moving and roaming around western Europe.......unimpeded. It's a perfect situation for jihadists to move about and maintain networks and cells transporting bombs, arms, and ammunition who are plotting only one thing......to destroy as much property and kill as many innocents as possible to create total panic among European populations. These extremists have absolutely no regard for life......look at how they willingly sacrifice their own lives to create chaos.

Europe has set itself up for virtual destruction and has no one to blame but itself. Some areas in some European cities are virtual Islamic controlled zones where few native born citizens would dare go. 10% of the population of France has an ethic background from Middle East or North Africa. 9% of the French population is Muslim. In Sweden, 45% of the crimes were committed by immigrants or their children. And, almost all of the 45% were Muslim. Germany recently allowed an influx of 1.5 million people in one calendar year, the vast majority of those immigrants are Muslim. In Belgium, Muslims make up 6% of the total Belgian population, in Brussels Muslims are 25.5% of the population. This figure was already projected to grow to over 33% by 2020. In The Netherlands, the Muslim population is 7% of the total, and in the port city of Rotterdam, the Muslim population is over 25 percent. In Norway, Muslims comprised only 1.5% of the total population in Norway, they accounted for over 50% of the entire country’s rapes. From 1980 to 2013, the Muslim population in Switzerland went from below 1% of the total population to over 5%. In less than 50 years, from 1961 to 2011, registered mosques in the UK went from just 7 to over 1,500. That figure is statistically improbable without there being an active (but ignored) invasion. Even Australia, by all counts a "western" nation, which is far removed physically from the US and Europe has experienced recent problems with Islamic immigration seeking to implement Sharia law in some areas of Oz.

If you are not stunned and shocked enough yet, read more here:

12 Western Countries That Will Be Islamic Republics In The Next 20 Years:  http://conservativeamerica-online.com/12-western-countries-that-will-be-islamic-republics-in-the-next-20-years-france-1-of-12/

As bad a 9/11 was, and the more recent events in San Bernardino, CA were, if we as a nation stoop to the European model of dealing with immigration which admits any and all without any background checks or individual skills which might be a positive thing for a society, then we will also see the slaughter occur more frequently in the US. And it won't just happened in big, highly urbanized areas of our country. When events like a high school basketball game in a small Kansas community,  a church service in some rural Idaho town,  a 7 Eleven store somewhere in Ohio, or maybe a Nascar race come under fire and scores of people are killed, that's when we'll know the jihadists are truly here among us. They are here, waiting to strike.

If you believe that could never happen here, don't hold your breath. It can and it probably will, unfortunately. Until we have a president who fully recognizes the threat and effectively deals with it on a national level instead of sticking his head in the sand ignoring the real problem and the horrific threat we as a nation are under, its open season in the USA as far as the jihadists are concerned.

Well said.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Political Correctness and ignorance will be the downfall of freedom around the world.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

OK guys...this thread started out as a prayer thread.  This is a tractor forum and not a place for political banter.  This thread will be closed if it keeps going the way it is.  :(

• Like 5

can whlvr

Im in rome righr now and the military representation is crazy,army everywhere,hope we get home safe

• Like 3

nylyon
On March 23, 2016 at 6:08 PM, can whlvr said:

Im in rome righr now and the military representation is crazy,army everywhere,hope we get home safe

My daughter was in Rome at the same time, just got home tonight. I was concerned for her as she was primarily at the Vatican and with the Pope Palm Sunday and yesterday, Good Friday. Glad to that she's home now.

• Like 3