Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Lookin like Snow in the forcast

nylyon

Weather guys are calling for about a foot here in Southeast, NY. Got the blower and plowin tractors gassed up and ready to roll. It's looking like the kids are gonna be home from school tomorrow, I'll hand one of them a camera and get some snow action shots.... :D

combatmp29r

Well Karl it looks like snow showers and flurries here for the next few days. Which means the kids will get up and be all excited about the snow and by the time they get breakfast and get dressed it will all have blown off to TT's. So you'll have to have fun for me :D

T-Mo

Just a few snow flurries around there today. Supposed to get potential significant snow Thursday into Friday this week. Yesterday was so beautiful, near 60. Today, cold, overcast with a few snow flakes floating around.

Rollerman

Even Terry in MO is getting snow flurries today?

Nothing but wet,cold,cruddy rain here in northern IN. :D

Sparky

There telling us in Connecticut to expect around 8"-12". As you know I have been snow-blowin with my C-125 auto, but after the hydro tranny robs the engine of its horsepower there is not much left for the blower. I have actually been able to almost stop the motor dead with a big snowfall and that was just barely creeping along. So I bought a 418-A with a twin Kohler 18 Magnum to take over snow-blowin duty. It needed some tweaking and just yesterday my new 2 link chains came in so its now ready for service.

Mike......

418-A001.jpg

418-A003.jpg

TT

We keep getting threatened, but haven't received any significant amount here yet this winter. I hate to plow if the ground isn't frozen, so I've just been sweeping and spreading salt where we have to walk, and driving over the rest of it. :D

kj4kicks

No snow in our forcast either.... Maybe that snow insurance is working!

nylyon

Nice shiny chains Mike. When I put the chains on the 416, I had to pay close attention to the inside so the chains wouldn't hit the hydro filter. In fact, I had to cut some of the chain so there were no extra links on the inside, did you have the same issue?

Don't forget, still need a night picture of those head lights of yers. I'm dying to see just how much difference the halogen's make to see if it's worth picking up a set.

You should notice a good difference with the 18 HP twin engine, although I have to admit that using the blower on the 416 was the first time I ever heard the Onan slow down a little, looking forward to deeper snow to use it even more. :D

T-Mo

Sparky,

Nice rig - and those chains are shiny. That, I'm sure, won't last. :D

Sparky

Well yer right...they aint shiny anymore. After the photo session I "cruised" on over to the neighbors to show off my new chains which took most of the shine right off em.

And I figure tomorrows snow storm is gonna take off the rest.

Mike.......

nylyon

There's not going to be any Snow Action shots from here today. We got about 5 inches, but the roads and driveway must have been too warm, and it didn't stick. Not even enough to use the plow on, this one is best handled by a shovel.

:(:(:P

But the good news, the kids will be in school in 2 hours :D

Stigian

If you guys ever get bored of the snow (unlikely i know as your having so much fun in the snow) can you send some my way please :D

We had a few flakes last week for about an hour but thats it :P

MaineDad

Sorry about the lack of snow. We have just the opposite up here. The weather smartie pants called for 6 to 10 inches. At 2pm today there was already 14 inches and it's still coming down at a good clip.

SnowTotal.jpg

Same forecast for Friday. I'll get my son to take some action shots tonight

nylyon

I need to have at least 1 good snowfall to see what my new single stage snow thrower can do, that's all I want just one, or maybe 2.... ok I like snow wished we got the 14", ours was the opposite, called for a foot didn't even get enough to use the plow!

Sparky

I dont know about your area Karl but theres talk of another storm coming thru here Friday.

Mike.......

nylyon

Here too, but they're calling for rain to be mixed in there :sigh: :D

TT

At 5 AM today, I cleared the windshield with the wipers and drove to work on wet roads. Other than that little coating, we got absolutely NOTHING MORE here in Centre County, PA. :D

combatmp29r

Yep just a dusting here too. It blew it around for a while today, but finally blew it all away about 5 PM. Supposed to get down in the single digets and snow starting WED. We'll see I say :D