can whlvr

another storm for the east

can whlvr

so I see you guys around and south of boston are gonna get hit pretty good,be safe and get your horses ready boys,up here in Ontario Canada we havnt even had a storm at all,no snow on ground now and its been really warm,pretty strange to not have one large snowfall at all and its mid February,i live in a traditional snowbelt and havnt used the horses at all,one little storm we got 3 inches of slush,had to use the skidsteer to move it,too much for the horses if you don't have to,well good luck easterners and hope you all have a good time with your snow removeal,its probally gonna stay for a while as they are talking real cold later this week

• Like 3

953 nut
9 minutes ago, can whlvr said:

probally gonna stay for a while as they are talking real cold later this week

That cold Canadian air you share with us is what the forecasters blame it on. Wish you would be selfish and not share so much!  :ychain:

• Like 3

Sparky

I'm in the 4-7 range.....but I'll be working all day where the prediction is 6-9". The car is staying home tomorrow.....it's a 4x4 truck day for me.

Mike.....

• Like 1

857 horse
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

That cold Canadian air you share with us is what the forecasters blame it on. Wish you would be selfish and not share so much!  :ychain:

Did i miss somthing????  Snow??     No way???   Serious???    gonna hafftah call my snow guy......

but today was a fiirst...............8 hours in the garage,,,,cleaning,,,,,and chucking...shelving     putttin  away,,,,brooming....,,,clearing.....

Next rebuild is coming in.....course its an 857,,,,seat is done..wheels ,,hood fender pan..decals from Terry.....all ready,,,,but we know that isnt even half of it...and yes.....we will get a before during and after shots....!!!!!!!  

Now......about that snow  .......................

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Just calling for a few inches here, so when I post we got a foot we can thank the accurate weather predictions.

Glenn

• Like 3

Phatboy

I live in johnstown PA , i hope we get some good snow , just put a brand new set of AG tires on the WH, with my weights and chains praying for a big snow fall.. I need a dog gone good snow dance lol..

Edited by Phatboy
  • Like 2

Wishin4a416

In the 3-6 here but who knows?

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

:happy-wavemulticolor:             Our 1-3 was changed to 3-6 overnight.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Oops....ours was just changer to 4-8".    May have to switch to the 520 tall chute.  It'll drink more fuel,  but the heated cab is worth it.

• Like 4

DougC

We are just now about done with our blizzard in Iowa. 40 to 50 mph winds and blowing snow equals zero visibility. Just lucky we had light snow and not the heavy stuff. Hope the wind leaves you guys alone on your snow event.

• Like 2

Sparky

Just finished clearing the driveway....maybe 3".

Mike.....

Bonacker

we ended up around 7" on east end end of long Iland nice work out for my little horses.

Ed Kennell

A few flurries here.

WHX??

To heck with with this snow talk  it's mid Feb.....let's think SPRING and get some blades sharpened!!!

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
29 minutes ago, ekennell said:

A few flurries here.

Same here, couple flakes.   Waiting,,,,ZZZZZZZZZZ zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Glenn

• Like 2

Terry M
17 hours ago, ekennell said:

Oops....ours was just changer to 4-8".    May have to switch to the 520 tall chute.  It'll drink more fuel,  but the heated cab is worth it.

After showing us pictures of you walking up to your roof in snow shoes on a snow drift... your excited for more snow???

Ed, you are a glutton for punishment...:lol:

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

In years past,  Installing tire chains in sub freezing temps,  getting up several hours early to get to work, and dreading the work ahead when I got home was punishment.

But now, I can sit inside and watch this beautiful snow fall while enjoying my coffee and honey soaked  bagel.

IMG_5459.JPG.1aa108d9e187161b251b9bb2f90

IMG_5457.JPG.4d3db64119e5c3d9b3b83c3c080

When the snow stops this afternoon, I will get a few hours of seat time inside the heated cab of the 520H clearing snow from the neighborhoods driveways and may even have enough time to take a walk on the big shoes.

Snowstorms for a retired old guy with plenty of horses is not punishment.

• Like 6

Ed Kennell

6" down and still snowing...:woohoo:

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Nothing here but a few flakes. 

Glenn

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Just finished giving the 312H  w/ 48" blade a 3 hour workout.   This was the perfect 8" heavy wet snow for a plow.  No 5-6 ft drifts requiring a blower.....sorry 520H.

I cleared  3 blacktop  and  2 concrete driveways, the stone road, and a path in the grass to the woods in 3 hours.

I was truly amazed at the amount the 312 could push as the snow rolled up 2-3 ft at times.

There was never a lack of power or traction.     I am now a believer in the rubber chains as they performed equally well on all surfaces.      I have an idea for a set for the 520...later.

The only place I lost traction was when I was pushing snow over the plow and also a couple inches of stone at the bottom of the blade.

The dummy operator had the plow set too deep.

Here are a couple pics... I don't think the tires are loaded on this one, but the wheel weights and those 4 brake  rotors off the F-150  was enough weight.

I feel better now that I found a use for the $1000  worth of rotors I had to replace.

I did miss the foot control and it will be added just like the 520.  Luckily the 312 does not have the hand control on the steering column, so it will be easy to convert to foot control.

Have to get the blade angle powered also....has anyone used a WH lift cylinder for this by simply teeing  it in at the hydro ports?

IMG_5463.JPG.9d0be7e2e1c535f3545c9252055IMG_5464.JPG.bc8490e72622f2aedd21047d0ebIMG_5473.JPG.86948909dd53d495ae6945f97cdIMG_5461.JPG.b191f4ff6b4a28998f5177ae853

• Like 5

Wishin4a416

I got ripped. 1" here. Not even going to bother.

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Ours was: heavy snow, then melt, heavy snow, then melt, etc.  :wacko:

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

:greetings-clappingyellow:    About 3" more fell over night.      

• Like 1

Tankman

Here in PA 'bout 3" also.

Drove to Joisey while it was snowing. Awful. Wasn't snowing in South Jersey at all but, slow. One sign read, "Next Exit 9 Miles. Approximate travel time 19 minutes."

Slow.

My '90 520-8 plowed this morning faster than my drivin' last night. Might add, drove a Volvo with a 53' trailer, slow but on the clock and my doggie didn't care. ;)

• Like 1