baerpath

Loader curiosity

baerpath

Has the price of loaders gone up ?   I've had 10 on different GT's over the years Most I payed was $1200 for one on a 520 that came with 60 deck and single stage snowblower, cheapest was one on a Bolen's large frame for $200.   I see loaders mostly over a grand upto wow who'd a thought price range.    There is a Quickway in Kentucky complete for $750 that's about what I would think normal price would be.   Maybe I'm just old

• Like 2

roadapples

I`m old too but it seems everything wheel horse has gone up in the last few years. I`m glad more people are getting in to the hobby to save these old tractors, but I think supply and demand is causing the prices to rise. Personally, got more than I need anyway, if that`s possible.

• Like 1

953 nut

I looked for a :wh: with a FEL for a couple of years before finding an acceptable unit, a GT-14 with Johnson loader and three point hitch mounted York landscape rake. It was a 1400 mile round trip away and cost $ 1,800. It isn't pristine, but was the nicest I had found under $ 2,000 and in good condition. 

I have watched garden tractors with FEL on :techie-ebay:prior to and since buying the GT-14 and haven't seen anything that I considered a better buy.

• Like 1

DougC

I agree, the prices are getting out of sight. I can buy a used front end loader here in Iowa for my Ford 860 Ag tractor for less money, and in working condition.

baerpath

I was looking for a loader for one of the C195's but ended up buying this Needed a starter rebuild so I have $1100 into it

IMG_0314.JPG

• Like 1

stevebo
On 11/25/2015, 11:43:44, baerpath said:

Has the price of loaders gone up ?   I've had 10 on different GT's over the years Most I payed was $1200 for one on a 520 that came with 60 deck and single stage snowblower, cheapest was one on a Bolen's large frame for $200.   I see loaders mostly over a grand upto wow who'd a thought price range.    There is a Quickway in Kentucky complete for $750 that's about what I would think normal price would be.   Maybe I'm just old

Duane-

You might be getting old:ph34r: ... Honestly I think they have been about $1500 +/- range for a while. If you could find a complete one in good shape for $1000 you are doing real good. 

can whlvr

years ago I priced a loader at the dealer,4500 installed:no:so I ended buying a bobcat 743 skid steer,ya it was well used but what it can do is not even in the same categorie as a garden tractor,and the implements I can run with it is a large bonus

Ken B

Nice loader machine you picked up Duane. If that one runs good I'd probably leave that loader right on that one...