Jump to content
HokieAg07

520 Idiot Light Panel Overlay

Recommended Posts

Terry, would it be possible to reproduce the overlay for the idiot lights on the top of the dash on the 520 tractors? 

 

$_1.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello, I was wondering if you ever found a replacement overlay for your light panel?? I'm new to the wheel horse family, and also need the same overlay for my 520H.

 

best regards

curt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

78-8350 is the Toro part number for a new overlay. They are now red instead of black, FYI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried the red one from Toro, but the location for each light was wrong for my 88 520H..

 

So I cheated.  I scanned in the red one. Opened it in Photoshop and changed the red to black, then moved the text to where it should be.  Then printed it with an Ink Jet printer on transparency paper and cut it out..  I put white PVC tape on the back and glued it the dash.  Its not a perfect solution, but its better than nothing and has been working well for 2 years now.

 

I hope Terry responds and is able to make them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

heck Kurt, it sounds like YOU should be making them and selling replacements!!! I believe I've found a replacement/used dash bezel that still has the overlay on it, I'm going to buy it and just swap the whole dash on mine.

 

Curt

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 4/3/2016 at 1:17 PM, Kurt-NEPA said:

I tried the red one from Toro, but the location for each light was wrong for my 88 520H..

 

So I cheated.  I scanned in the red one. Opened it in Photoshop and changed the red to black, then moved the text to where it should be.  Then printed it with an Ink Jet printer on transparency paper and cut it out..  I put white PVC tape on the back and glued it the dash.  Its not a perfect solution, but its better than nothing and has been working well for 2 years now.

 

I hope Terry responds and is able to make them.

 Sorry I missed this post Kurt. If you email me a pdf file of your panel I will print one on my vinyl for you to experiment with?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2016 at 0:34 PM, Vinylguy said:

 

 Sorry I missed this post Kurt. If you email me a pdf file of your panel I will print one on my vinyl for you to experiment with?

 

 

Hi Terry,  I'll send you what I have.  Maybe you can do your wonders with it.

 

Thanks,

 

Kurt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will scan one for the 520-HC (or 516) and send it to you as well to have on file.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be very interested in buying a couple of these, I need one, and it would be great to always have a extra!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Terry;

 

I sent you the pictures and dimensions.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally got back to this project and have a test decal for the panels shown below.

I have made a thick test decal with 2 layers of laminate to make them thicker.

520 HC PANEL LIGHT TEMPLATE.png520 PANEL LIGHT TEMPLATE.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look great, I may get one of each added to my next order just to have here as spares.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cleat said:

They look great, I may get one of each added to my next order just to have here as spares.

Not sure how they will work as the originals are applied over a thin clear adhesive backed plastic film 

for rigidity over the bulb area?

520 PANEL LIGHT TEMPLATES.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They seem to be a very dark burgundy plastic film that red light shines through.

 

Cleat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×