Sign in to follow this  
chevelletown

New guy needs / wants a horse

Buzz

he's in the wrong part of Missouri,

He told me YOU were in the wrong part of the state :D I did some work for Quaker Oats up in St josephs. Neat town with a sense of humor. The sign read "Welcome to St. Joseph where the Pony Express started and Jesse James ended"

T-Mo

As we're moving :D here, I was in St. Joseph the first week in August (it was when we were in a hot period, near 100). Nice, small town. I like it a lot when I was there.

CHARGER9AUTO

Hi Ben, not a bad looking tractor :( i have a couple belt guards and some other parts from the 1054 i have parted out! still have the rear wheels , front axle, grill housing, hood and some other parts :D have the complete engine also :( still cant upload pics :( all i get is this is not a valid file extension :P

Hi Greg, Yeah Thanks I will have my 953 ready for the show so everyone to look at and talk about how lucky I was to find this rare tractor. Ben

Rollerman

Chevelletown finding a 1075 & Super C for your first pair of horses is pretty good luck.

I have a 1075 here I'm trying to restore...well I need 3/4 of a 1075 to finish my 1/4. :D

Nothing wrong with the 520H's, I'd look into a later model with the fancy forward swept axle & steering column mounted controls.

I sold mine on ebay last fall, great tractors...just look the Onan's over good.

They can go a long time IF there maintained well.

If the tins are packed full of grass clippings that can be a bad sign....Onan's don't like to get hot....or so I'm told

Parts can be more costly with an Onan too.

bowtieguy

Buzz....shhhhhhh....that 18 wheeler is still in Missouri and still FULL....I've made an offer but time will tell...I have been inside and I know that there is at least ONE ole horse there...an RJ for sure.....problem will be how to move the trailer....would have to go thru the "chicken house" (state scales) ...trailer would never meet DOT standards...heck they would probably hold it and all the Horses inside and throw me in jail....so in the mean time it will just sit in an undisclosed location only known by a couple trustworthy Wheel Horse nuts...(Eric, that includes you)

So yeah, not many WH's in Mo and I kinda like it that way...keeps all em guys east of the Mississippi honest...not worth the trip and maybe not find anything....of course they could always raid Terrys barn first since he lives close to the big ole river!!....so thanks for the shout Buzz, (first met you long ago when you mailed me some new WH decals along with a manual for that little Toro 550 or 770) thanks again and yes I am the bowtieguy....so you know I drive Chevys.....hummmm...wonder is a little ole 283 v-8 would fit in a D series????

Frank in MO....hope to make the trip to PA again this year :D

T-Mo

Hi, Frank. Is it possible this trailer load is close to the east side of the state??? :D

BTW, I have placed an ad for plows in a couple of local media venues, but so far, nothing that I can use. One guy called me, so I go out to his place Saturday. He had one old rear blade off a Gilson, and one so called Wheel Horse blade that might have came off a A-series Wheel Horse, but not what I needed. Still looking.

Buzz

hummmm...wonder is a little ole 283 v-8 would fit in a D series????

Mike (hiredguns) had a neighbor put a 327 in either a big C series or a D series. Mike even took it for a drive. I think he might be the guy who made all those strange 'Horses sold on ebay a year or two ago.

Hope to see you again in June......my vacation was already approved and on the schedule :D