Sign in to follow this  
608KEB

1975 C-120

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 608KEB
      One seat spring is about 1/4" lower than the other one. Has anyone had this problem. If so, what'd you do to fix it?

• By Tuneup
      Homer is a typical Southern man. When a tool breaks, he moves it to his backyard to be repaired another time. Turns out I'm the repair guy and have been attempting to barter for an old C-120 and a Commando 7 buried in the yard. He surprised me with the C-125 black hood a while ago after numerous mower, chain saw, weed wacker and whatever repairs. The horses are all out of a shop in Joplin now gone after the big blow... Soooo, 1 repaired old Sears LT and another that I took apart just so he could see after running without oil that the cam was in 4 pieces and the rod in 5 and he said I could have the 120. We pulled it out of the dirt with 4 flats, destroying several ant mounds in the process. Truly, not bad condition thanks to Homer's attention to the use of tarps. He tells me the 301 was bored .030 over and his mind is sharp for a 92 year old so I'm inclined to believe him. May be able to save that Commando in the near future if I repair that old Bolens GT14 first - and so on. So, my collection is now at a lowly 2. I don't think I'll restore this - will just make her a reliable runner and make the wife happy The deck can use a little metal but seems salvageable. Another C saved!

• By 608KEB
      I sold this last fall. 1975 C-120 Auto. The buyer called and asked if I wanted it back. I couldn't  say no. He put about 4-5 hours on it. The war dept. told him him he had to chose between a motorcycle or the WH. 

• By Miker-1
      Just got a 1974? C-120 with a apparent Tecumseh replacement engine 12 hp. Wiring harness was changed, but works. I' am pretty sure it was a Kohler. My problem is it turns over through 3 compression strokes and stops starter. continuously. Bought new starter same problem. IT did start and run great, good idle and rpm range. Shut off and will not start same turn over problem. I placed my hand over carb and turns over as it should with no stopping .Lots of fuel on hand as expected. Any ideas! Do I need to include more information?  Model 10495 9  ser.# 46429  Thanks
    • By Konrad
      Hi there,

We recently became the proud owners of a 1976'ish C-120. When we purchased the tractor it wouldn't start but the previous owner believed this was due to a faulty solenoid.
      Anyhow, I finally had time today to see if it would run. On initial inspection, there was a definite 'click' on attempting to start. And after a few attempts, the starter turned the engine over and it fired - so I think we actually have a 'sticky' starter, rather than a dodgy solenoid? Anyhow, I then took the tractor for a 'spin', and not knowing how long the fuel I had put in might last, after about 30 minutes the engine spluttered to a halt. Oh dear out of fuel
      I filled the tank with what fuel I had left in my can, but on attempting to restart, the engine turns over but refuses to fire.

Having run out of fuel, is there some sort of 'priming' process that I need to go through before I will be able to get the engine to fire again?

Any advice gratefully received.
      A newbie