jimkemp

Wheel Horse 656

jimkemp

Can someone tell me what year this tractor is , no motor but looks like all the parts are there , model # T656 , serial # 255638 , and what size motor was in this

656 wheel horse002.jpg

• Like 4

slammer302

1966 would of had a 6hp Tecumseh

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

By the looks of that plate on the frame someone has had a different motor on it at one time

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

AMC RULES
Engine, or not...  :greetings-clapyellow:
nice lookin' :wh: there. 

:WRS:

• Like 1

jimkemp

Thanks for the info , for the money I just couldn't let this one go , it even came with the original seat , the seat pad is missing but it has the back

656 wheel horse006.jpg

953 nut
:WRS:      Glad you found us.   :text-coolphotos:
  • Like 3

jimkemp

I am really glad I found you guys , in the short time I have been on here I have found all kinds of info and cool stuff:text-thankyoublue:

• Like 2

KC9KAS
:WRS:

Nice looking :wh:
  • Like 2

semperfi8185

Welcome aboard.

• Like 2

Brian01

Welcome aboard the Red Square "Box" Train!

lol thats deep right there.

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher
jimkemp  :WRS:Nice looking 656. There are still a few HH60`s around if you would like to keep that way. It looks like it is all there. I Have the bottom pan so if you would like to have it made up can send picks of the size and length. Just so you know the 65`s and  66`s that I have seen the seat is white in the middle. This is what I have seen.  My 606 that I had was white. Enjoy the ride. Gary  B.... Edited by T1257
  • Like 1

wallfish

656 -1966 Lawn & Garden Tractor --656 -- Trans 4-Speed --Engine Tecumseh HH60-105013A

6= 6 hp
5= electric start
6= 1966

A 7 or 8hp Kohler will also bolt right in there if you aren't worried about keeping it original

• Like 2

jimkemp

I am in search of an HH60 Tecumseh motor and not having any luck , really don't want to power it with a modern motor but I might have to:( , so if anyone has one or knows of one out there for sale please let me know

• Like 1

953 nut

If you start a new topic here under the "Wanted" heading you may have better luck.

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher

I am in search of an HH60 Tecumseh motor and not having any luck , really don't want to power it with a modern motor but I might have to:( , so if anyone has one or knows of one out there for sale please let me know

They are around. you just have to do the leg work and be vigilant on your searching. I just pick up a 607 that took years to find. So hang in there C/list is not bad either. If you ever need part #`s let me know I have a lot of them in a Big book. I will keep an eye out for you also. Is your first name Jim?

Ken B

Nice little 656 you got there. You might find it easier too find a Kohler 6-8 hp yank start for it. Everything about the Kohler will be a little easier, finding the engine, finding parts, starting it, less headaches, ETC. I have had plenty of Tecky's in my day, good ones and or rebuildable ones are out there but like Gary said, you'll be searching. When a Tecky runs nice and proper they can be a nice little engine...

• Like 2

55rj35jr

Nice little 656 you got there. You might find it easier too find a Kohler 6-8 hp yank start for it. Everything about the Kohler will be a little easier, finding the engine, finding parts, starting it, less headaches, ETC. I have had plenty of Tecky's in my day, good ones and or rebuildable ones are out there but like Gary said, you'll be searching. When a Tecky runs nice and proper they can be a nice little engine...

Agree if your not looking to keep it original go with a Kohler you will like it much better, I've got my dad's 656 & that's the first thing he did was put a Kohler in it,& to this day it runs & drives great.

jimkemp

I am going to put what ever motor I can find in it for right now , but I still am going to keep looking for a original motor for it , I will find one someday , I have just started the search

• Like 2

AMC RULES
:woohoo:      :greetings-clapyellow:     :text-yeahthat:      :text-goodpost:
  • Like 1

Rob.A.700

an 8hp kohler works perfectly thats whats in mine!:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 2

semperfi8185

Jim
The 8 hp Kohler is a drop in replacement for the 6 hp techy.  I'm pulling my H60 because 1.) the carb always needs to be adjusted and 2.) They are harder to come by than the 8 hp Kohlers.  I want to store the original engine while its still in good shape and I want the original engine around should I decide to sell it.  I've already found a motor for a good price.

• Like 2

AMC RULES
No need...   :handgestures-thumbsup:
a great running, brand new, Tecumseh replacement carb can be had for well under $20...shipped.   

semperfi8185

Might have to give a new carb a try.  Thanks

WHX??

Whatever you do good "starter"WH to work with!

jimkemp

Well I wanted to start working on the 656 today but didn't feel like bending over to do it so I built this so I don't have to , still have to add the expanded metal to the bottom for storing parts as 2015_tractor_stand002.thumb.jpg.35ff22162015_tractor_stand001.thumb.jpg.74d01874

• Like 2