stevasaurus

Had a visitor today

stevasaurus

So, I'm sitting down here in the Man Cave watching TV, when this woman tried to drive into my house.  The Man Cave is right on the other side of this wall.  It sounded like a gas explosion.  It was raining and she lost control of her vehicle coming around the corner.  She is OK, but she will be a little sore for sure.  My wife...she was running around upstairs yelling..."some one hit the house!!!"  :bow-blue:   Pretty scary.

post-818-0-31526100-1431380279_thumb.jpg

post-818-0-87120600-1431380305_thumb.jpg

post-818-0-62102300-1431380329_thumb.jpg

post-818-0-27265300-1431380356_thumb.jpg

post-818-0-33812600-1431380381_thumb.jpg

post-818-0-58728000-1431380406_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

KC9KAS

Looks like she wasn't going to fast....not a lot of damage...on he outside anyway.

Dad had something like that happen and it damaged a little plaster inside the house. The insurance company paid to have the entire end of the house re-sided because if they just repaired the damaged siding it would have looked different than the rest.

Glad no-one was hurt.

• Like 1

TJ

Glad you are OK, but from now on keep your house out of traffic.

• Like 6

wallfish

Weeeeeeew, That could've been much worse. Glad to see the damage is minor!

Probably talking on the phone and putting her makeup on. Rain shouldn't cause that unless she was going real fast, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 2

stevasaurus

I'll bet she was going 30  or a little more.  It was one of those where you panic and lay on the gas...never hit the brake.  :)

• Like 1

GlenPettit

Rock solid house (Brick is always best), and the trash can looks like it survived OK.

No skid marks on the grass, no brakes?

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Nope, she never hit the brakes, but she had the gas pedal nailed.  Where she hit the house is in the middle...this is where the beam runs from one end to the other.  I think if she would have been on either side of this, the damage would have been much worse.  :)

smoreau

You got one tough house Steve! The worst thing I see in the city is people do not replace there tires until they have have no choice. They feel that they only drive a few blocks to work and as long as they hold air, there ok. I change mine when there around the 40% left make. The abs systems just have a hard time when your tires are below 50% . Feels like your accelerating when the abs kicks in and your not stoping. Glade there was no injurys!

• Like 1

groundhog47

Just so glad you and rest of family :greetings-clappingorange:ok and not more damage. That house is Wheel Horse TUFF  :wh:

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Looks like she was zeroed in on the DINO.  Ya sure it wasn't an upset EX.  :hide:

• Like 5

squonk

Uncle Jim on a roll, must be feeling good!

She split the uprights with the bushes. We've had 2 close calls in 27 years. First a tractor-trailer lost a wheel about 200 yards from my house. It got off the shoulder onto my neighbor's side walk. Hit a bump and got airborne. It made it between a tree and hydrant and hit my front porch square on a double floor joist. A foot to the right and it would have gone thru a beveled glass door and probably thru the whole house.

A few years later, some drunk jabrone stole a car, drove thru my bushes and sawed off that hydrant

• Like 1

dclarke

Wow! Glad nobody was hurt, Steve...... How many houses are in Elgin and she picked yours, what's the chances?

• Like 1

rmaynard

Could have been worse. The truck could have been JD green instead of WH red.

• Like 5

Racinbob

Leave it up to the folks here to have me cracking up. Thankfully it turned out that the laughter could happen. It looks like the tailgate of that Nissan is as bad as the front end. Thank God the driver and you two are fine.

• Like 1

squonk

She was trying to get into the wine cellar!

AMC RULES

I'm trying to imagine just what a "gas explosion" in your "man cave" actually sounds like?  

:eusa-doh: Really glad to hear everyone survived it Dino.    :) 

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 4

squonk

It probably sounds like a Nissan truck hitting a brick wall!

• Like 2

muz123

Glad your alright and there is not a lot of damage on the house which is good too.

Edited by muz123
  • Like 2

Terry M

Rock solid house (Brick is always best), and the trash can looks like it survived OK.

No skid marks on the grass, no brakes?

I agree, very solid house Steve :handgestures-thumbupright:   Glad it was just a Nissan that hit your house.....An American built F-150 would have knocked it off its  foundation.. :ychain:

Glad you two are OK :)

• Like 1

buckrancher

I'm trying to imagine just what a "gas explosion" in your "man cave" actually sounds like?  

:eusa-doh: Really glad to hear everyone survived it Dino.    :) 

just don't light any matches

glad everyone is OK

• Like 1

tunahead72

Glad you are OK, but from now on keep your house out of traffic.

Likewise, and if you don't like the way she drives, stay off the sidewalk! :)

• Like 3

neil

Soo glad you are all ok Steve , I must have been quite a scary moment for you and Christine .

It could have easily been a different story.

Be safe mate xx

• Like 1

squonk

Imagine being on Skype and have this red truck come roaring in behind you!  :scared-eek:  Of course you'd keep talking and just think Chris was running the vac or something!  :)

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:hilarious:     :text-woo:

Of course you'd keep talking    :)

• Like 1