Butch

Enlarging your snow plow area.

Butch

While plowing my driveway with only 8" of snow I noticed the snow was coming out both sides

of the plow requiring more plowing plus snow coming over the top of the plow. Anyone bolt

or weld on a piece of steel across the top of the plow to help prevent snow from coming over

the top. Thanks!

KC9KAS

Not yet, But I noticed the same problem. The snow we had was dry & fluffy and I had the same problems you described.

I think a piece of rubber belting or something like that would work.

I used to work for the town I live in, and I bolted a piece of coal mine belting to the top side of a 10' plow. It really did the trick.

Butch

Not yet, But I noticed the same problem. The snow we had was dry & fluffy and I had the same problems you described.

I think a piece of rubber belting or something like that would work.

I used to work for the town I live in, and I bolted a piece of coal mine belting to the top side of a 10' plow. It really did the trick.

KC what would you use? What is this belting and where do you get it?  What width?

AMC RULES

I've got one with a half foot of stainless bolted to the top of it here.  

post-3498-0-21460200-1424308697_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-17789200-1424308888_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Hodge71

I spy a snowy Workhorse......

wallfish

I solved that problem by shooting it 40 feet with a blower :ychain:

• Like 8

Butch

AMC was that stainless put on a brake? It doesn't look flat.

• Like 1

Butch

Ebay has Snow Plow Rubber!

shallowwatersailor

If you are looking for something flexible, use rubber base molding. It is under five dollars for a 48" piece. I use it on the rear of my RD mower decks. But it might flex too much so maybe  mount it facing down so that it flips up?

Unfortunately we don't have the problem of too much snow this year. :)

Edited by shallowwatersailor

wingrider

you mite try leaning the blade forward a notch or 2, this will help keep the snow on the blade.

Wingrider

• Like 2

Lane Ranger

Just like Gary (Wingrider )  says  that blade can be notched up the front of the plow frame by changing the spring  crossbars.   However , the  original snowplow made for the RJ's   SPR-42  had much more of a curve on it on the face of the plow.   That is one of the reasons they are a lot of fun to use and  turn the snow over fast!

post-339-0-72101900-1424377087_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

KC9KAS

KC what would you use? What is this belting and where do you get it?  What width?

The stuff I used was given to me by a coal miner that stole brought it from work.

It was from a conveyor and was probably 3/4" thick. I used a piece about 14"-16" by 10' and bolted it to the top of the big plow. It was a real bear to cut.

I don't know where to look for something now, but when I see it, I will latch onto it!

Butch

I'll have to look where my springs are attached. Not now though. It is to stinkin cold out there.

Butch

I got my snowplow rubber today from Ebay. It's 8" x 55". It's about 5.5MM thick. It's heavy duty and reinforced.

It is predrilled and comes will all the nuts and bolts. It was $19.95 from Ebay which included shipping and it

came priority mail. I think it's well worth the price. I'll wait for warmer weather to install it and use it next winter.

Don't know if we can post the link from Ebay but here it is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271763444007?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 1

Digger 66

A roll of garden edging will do enough plows to make you ill .

bowtieguy

You can find belt webbing at any farm implement dealer or TSC....used to sell it by the foot.....6" and 8" wide.....or buy a junk ROUND baler and get all ya want!!....if you were close to me I'd give ya 3 or 4 feet....just saying!!

• Like 1