Geno

Do I talk too much?

Geno

I've been here less than 2 months and this is post #500.  Do I talk too much?  Should I take a vacation and give you guys a break?   :ychain:

• Like 2

chazm

I've been here less than 2 months and this is post #500.  Do I talk too much?  Should I take a vacation and give you guys a break?   :ychain:

WE can only hope....   :teasing-poke:

• Like 1

Trouty56

Naw!!

• Like 1

JimD

Nah Geno you're fine. It's refreshing to see some new enthusiasm around here. The old enthusiasm was getting kinda boring. :ychain::dance:

• Like 6

AMC RULES

Member posts are celebrated in 1K intervals here Geno...

we'll see you in a couple weeks, OK?        :popcorn:

• Like 5

Geno

Oops.   :teasing-neener:

jackhammer

Need I say more

• Like 1

Firpo701

As ".Mickey Gilley" says.. "talk to me"! Lol!

• Like 1

rmaynard

This is a forum. Taking is what it's all about. Keep 'em coming.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 3

fireman

Nah Geno you're fine. It's refreshing to see some new enthusiasm around here. The old enthusiasm was getting kinda boring. :ychain::dance:

I second what Jim said. Wait till winter rolls around and the forum activity slows to a crawl . Then we'll really need more of that enthusiasm!

• Like 3

Save Old Iron

Geno,

one of the great features in the software this site uses is the "IGNORE" feature.

If you consistently find posted content of certain members to be trivial, vapid or downright incorrect or misleading, you can digitally ignore their posts.  It's like that commercial with the yahoo that advertises Prilosec "why wait for the heartburn, treat it before it starts." 

Speaking for myself only, I see too many "old enthusiam" members have already stopped posting or contributing due to the ocean of "non-content" posts they now expect to see whenever they visit.

Hopefully your "new enthusiam" and beneficial content will eventually make you a greybeard on this site whose advice is sought after and not ignored. Before you hit POST, ask yourself if anyone in the future will ever purposefully try to search out your post to help them solve a problem they currently have.

Many new members here will need help to further develope their appreciation of the hobby. Not everyone comes to the game just to watch and listen to the cheerleaders.

Edit - correcting the speeling - always check your speeling.

Edited by Save Old Iron
  • Like 3

HorseFixer

Welcome to the Site Geno    :handgestures-thumbupright:    I've  been off a couple months so you haven't bothered me..  :ychain:    Oh and Chuck, I thought I would mention you misspelled develop.   :dance:

Many new members here will need help to further develope their appreciation of the hobby. Not everyone comes to the game just to watch and listen to the cheerleaders.

Edit - correcting the speeling - always check your speeling.

• Like 2

Geno

I second what Jim said. Wait till winter rolls around and the forum activity slows to a crawl . Then we'll really need more of that enthusiasm!

It's not gonna slow to a crawl while I'm around.  Winter is time to restore, do the snow thing, get ready for spring and customize the Horses!  Horsing never stops!  :teasing-neener:

And if it does it's time to go get another one to work on!  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

GENO...don't stop posting...you are doing fine and I for one have been enjoying your contribution.

Just so you know...there is an ignore function here on Red Square...I use it on a couple of guys and it works great.  :)

• Like 6

squonk

GENO...don't stop posting...you are doing fine and I for one have been enjoying your contribution.

Just so you know...there is an ignore function here on Red Square...I use it on a couple of guys and it works great.  :)

So that's why

I haven't heard from you!!!!!

• Like 2

Geno

Thank you Steve.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm overstepping my bounds.  I intentionally try to stay out of some threads so I don't seem overbearing.  I know a lot of stuff and being new I don't want to seem like a know it all. I was diagnosed with OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) over 20 years ago and I have to know all I can and do everything perfect.  :eusa-doh: 

I just posted in a thread about what I use for filters on the Hydros.  I use a motor oil filter.  A reply was mentioned that what I use is not a hydraulic filter.  Of course it's not, there's no hydraulic fluid in the hydro, it takes 10W 30 motor oil and when choosing filters you have to deal with viscosity and flow.  I learned this many many years ago and didn't take anyone elses word for it, I called Amsoil (I'm a dealer) Wix, Champion Labs in IN, and several other actual manufacturers to find out what to use.  It's the way I do everything and can't help it.  It's a blessing and a curse sometimes.  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

Geno

So that's why

I haven't heard from you!!!!!

Your title above your avatar fits you well.  :laughing-rolling:

JimD

Geno, we should also caution you about another site phenomenon that occasionally appears around here. It's the Redsquare "Trunk Monkey". You know the type. You offer someone some good sound advice and along comes the  "Trunk Monkey" who thinks he knows everything and is smarter than everyone else and starts bashing the crap out of your opinion. Usually it's some "flash in the pan" who is actually pretty smart but gets in over their head by making a bunch promises they can't keep and leaves a lot of unfinished business hanging out there in limbo. You know, the guys that take in everything they can read and then consider themselves to be some self taught Guru on everything from soup to nuts. So now you deliberately go search a thread to find an answer to a problem that's troubling you and, you guessed it, nothing has been done for the last two years to complete the thread. "LIMBO"  There may be an answer to the avoiding the "Trunk Monkey" , that being the installation of the "Trunk Monkey Recall Button" pictured below..

recall_button.png.jpg

which is explained here..

Please continue sharing your information with us  though. We all truly are enjoying your posts and I in particular look forward to hearing much more from you. I don't even care what color your beard is. :ychain:

Shucks, I hope this post isn't trivial.. :hide:

Edited by JimD
  • Like 4

stevasaurus

GENO, when I first got on Red Square, I had some knowledge of engines (working in a "service station") back in the 60's.  My Dad had these tractors and they had been sitting for about 20 years.  When he passed, I decided to try to get them running again.  I found Red Square and the good people on here, they helped me with whatever I needed...manuals, advice.  I started going to shows to meet these guys, get parts and see what the love was all about.  I have been going to the shows now for about 5 years all over the Midwest and the north east and have met very many of the members that are active on this site.  What a ride!!  One day I had to rebuild the trans in my 702...1533 bearing was shot.  I found a place in transmissions where I started rebuilding them with videos...no one had done that before...and I was suddenly able to help and give back.  I really feel like I am part of this site now.  I still ask questions (I do not know everything), but there is no feeling like walking someone through rebuilding a transmission and saving a horse with someone who normally would have not even thought of opening one.  I have truly been blessed here and I know it. 

Never feel like not posting in a thread if you have something to offer.  It could be a question, that makes everyone think...it could be a thought that has not been presented...it could be the answer that the original guy was looking for...and you could get your "hooby dooby" stepped on also.  Mine is pretty flat now.  :)  The nice thing about this site is, we all learn together and most are tolerant and willing to share what they have learned.  Don't worry about your post count...it really does not mean much.  Go to a couple of shows and meet some of the members...listen to what they have to say...that is what is important...the rest will come naturally.  Welcome Aboard Mate.  :)

• Like 6

kaiser

being from kentucky gives you the right to be chatty, i know when i'm drinking bourbon i can't shut up!

• Like 4

Geno

I can't tell you how much that helps guys. I appreciate your honesty and wisdom.   :text-+1:  I would even appreciate it if it were constructive criticism.  I really just want to help people and pass on knowledge that I have so they can do things themselves.  That person can also then pass it on.  :)   I also, being blunt as possible, don't want to piss people off around here.  :eusa-doh:

Hey Kaiser, I'm from your neck of the woods, New Jersey.  :teasing-poke:

neil

Geno, all the posts that you make here on Redsquare are valued and your enthusiaam is to be admired.

You mention earlier about your OCD , would you consider doing a thread on this subject & how it effects your day to day goings on .

I am sure we can all associate with this in some sort of way or another , I know I do .

• Like 2

meadowfield

Geno,

You are giving Craig a run for his money, keep it up! :lol:

• Like 2

Firpo701

Hush Gino! Lmao!!!! :-P

Trouty56

Thank you Steve.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm overstepping my bounds.  I intentionally try to stay out of some threads so I don't seem overbearing.  I know a lot of stuff and being new I don't want to seem like a know it all. I was diagnosed with OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) over 20 years ago and I have to know all I can and do everything perfect.  :eusa-doh: 

I just posted in a thread about what I use for filters on the Hydros.  I use a motor oil filter.  A reply was mentioned that what I use is not a hydraulic filter.  Of course it's not, there's no hydraulic fluid in the hydro, it takes 10W 30 motor oil and when choosing filters you have to deal with viscosity and flow.  I learned this many many years ago and didn't take anyone elses word for it, I called Amsoil (I'm a dealer) Wix, Champion Labs in IN, and several other actual manufacturers to find out what to use.  It's the way I do everything and can't help it.  It's a blessing and a curse sometimes.  :laughing-rolling:

Geno, we should also caution you about another site phenomenon that occasionally appears around here. It's the Redsquare "Trunk Monkey". You know the type. You offer someone some good sound advice and along comes the  "Trunk Monkey" who thinks he knows everything and is smarter than everyone else and starts bashing the crap out of your opinion. Usually it's some "flash in the pan" who is actually pretty smart but gets in over their head by making a bunch promises they can't keep and leaves a lot of unfinished business hanging out there in limbo. You know, the guys that take in everything they can read and then consider themselves to be some self taught Guru on everything from soup to nuts. So now you deliberately go search a thread to find an answer to a problem that's troubling you and, you guessed it, nothing has been done for the last two years to complete the thread. "LIMBO"  There may be an answer to the avoiding the "Trunk Monkey" , that being the installation of the "Trunk Monkey Recall Button" pictured below..

recall_button.png.jpg

which is explained here..

Please continue sharing your information with us  though. We all truly are enjoying your posts and I in particular look forward to hearing much more from you. I don't even care what color your beard is. :ychain:

Shucks, I hope this post isn't trivial.. :hide:

Just so everybody doesn't have to go search to find out who the trunk monkey was from the hydro filter post Geno is referring to...it was me..... :)....my apoligies Geno!!!

I'll just go crawl back into my trunk now....