Sparky

Any scooter riders out there?

Sparky

I've had a bike license for 32 years and have always had a proper "motorcycle". Never anything to big, no full dressers as I am usually just knockin around the local roads. My wife is very uncomfortable on the back of my current bike, a Kawasaki Vulcan, it has a decent seat for the driver but the passenger seat I will admit is just a lousy sliver of foam.

So today I took a ride up to New Hampshire and bought a Scooter. Thats right....a scooter!

Its a 2008 Suzuki Burgman. It only has 7300 miles and a 650cc twin under all that plastic. Its supposed to be able to go 110 mph (I wont ever see that speed of course!) My dad has the Burgman 400cc single cylinder and my wife and I have borrowed it and she is very comfy on it and can handle much longer trips on it than she ever could on my Vulcan.

Anyone else have one...or something similar?

This is my only pic.

post-2-0-61950600-1389398796.jpg

Mike.............

JimD

I don't have one Mike, but a friend of ours let me take hers for a spin once and I have to say ti was a fun ride. Much smaller and less powerful than yours but I could see the wife and I both riding around together on a couple of them. Another gal I went to school with lives in Florida and her and her husband are in a scooter club where they organize group rides to go to  lunch or dinner. Looks like a great time in the pics she posts. :)

Trouty56

400 Burgmans are almost right there with the silver wings from honda.... 650's are even closer.... I have a 50cc chinascoot but would like a burgman someday

stevebo

Mike-

I really like it !!

dodgemike

Nice. I wish i could. I have epilepsy

And I dont keep my balance well.

I have looked at the three wheel

Harleys. There is a veteran in our

Little city that has a gloss black

One with Cragars. Has the American flag and POW flag mounted on the back. Stunning

Bike. They start at about 30k.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Sparky

Nice. I wish i could. I have epilepsy

And I dont keep my balance well.

I have looked at the three wheel

Harleys. There is a veteran in our

Little city that has a gloss black

One with Cragars. Has the American flag and POW flag mounted on the back. Stunning

Bike. They start at about 30k.

While looking for the one I bought I saw this "08" Burgman 400 with a trike conversion for under $9200 (Baltimore Craigslist)....not cheap but way less than the 30K harley.

post-2-0-71142100-1389408461.jpg

post-2-0-87989200-1389408470.jpg

Mike............

dodgemike

Thanks for the pics. I don't think

I would care for the dual front

Wheel deals. The older I get I

Just want to look cool and sound

Cool!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

SALTYWRIGHT

MIKE I AM ALMOST 85 AND STILL RIDE. I HAVE HAD OVER 8 SCOOTERS AND 50 MOTORCYCLES.I CAN NOT GIVE THEM UP

• Like 3

Sparky

Thats awesome Russ! Whats in your garage now?

Mike.........

AMC RULES

Now those are pretty cool lookin'...   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

any plans to convert yours into a trike Mike.

Sparky

Nope, I still like to lean into the turns!

Mike..........

ipperwash

Been rideing for over 55 years  two in the garage now 68 B M W and a Ultra Classic

AMC RULES

In the pict it looks like the original rear wheel is still there...  :eusa-think: 

so...is this trike conversion just adding a set of training wheels? 

Sparky

Exactly, a bit better looking than training wheels but the same idea. I've never driven any kind of trike converted bike but have spent some time (many years ago) on a Honda Big Red three wheel ATC and its was very tippy in the turns. You had to really lean your body to the inside or the ATC was going over. I have to think there is a some of that same sensation with a bike to trike conversion.

Mike..........

AMC RULES

Shouldn't be tippy if there was some suspension built into that conversion...

which, in that last pict...it looks like there may be.    :icecream: 

shallowwatersailor

Check this out, Mike. It's a little bit smaller but just the thing for rainy and snowy days to keep you busy. :)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/24256tmax/

shallowwatersailor

In the pict it looks like the original rear wheel is still there...  :eusa-think: 

Found it on Cycle Trader and it looks like there are only the two conversion rear wheels.

Sparky

If they made a Burgman model I just might buy it John! I'll pick up my Bergman one weekend when the roads are cleaner (it'll be on a trailer for the trip home) and will be unloaded and promptly put away under cover in my garage so a snap together model would be just perfect.

:grin:

Mike..........

Sparky

Found it on Cycle Trader and it looks like there are only the two conversion rear wheels.

Not on the converted bike I posted pics of. If you look close you can see the original rear wheel.

post-2-0-83633500-1389466647.jpg

Mike...........

shallowwatersailor

After looking at the Danson site you're correct, Mike. It actually has four wheels then.

Sparky

Brought it home today and of course had to take it for a spin. Its very quick! Not at all sluggish, twist the throttle and its off like a rocket. Tried both manual shift and automatic. Had it up to 70 in just a few seconds. The dash is all digital and it tells you the outside temp.....it was 44 degrees :eek:  so my 2 mile test run just about froze my face off!! Time to stick it in the garage for a couple months me thinks :eusa-think:  .

post-2-0-86809100-1389992850_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-09586100-1389992863_thumb.jpg

Mike...........

AMC RULES

Either that, or make yourself really small, and tuck in behind that windscreen.   :auto-sportbike:

KC9KAS

Wife's "scooter"

GEDC0130.jpg

My "scooter"

GEDC0129.jpg

My sister in law rode a Honda Silver-Wing with us for several years until she replaced it with a Vulcan.

The Silver-Wing did a fine job riding with the "Big Boys"

Edited by KC9KAS

shallowwatersailor

Where's the AMC Rules "Rear-View Mirror" photo? :ychain:  There is a fellow on YouTube that has a motorized wind screen on his Burgman. Just the thing for cool weather. Looks nice - now you have me thinking about some wheels!

• Like 1

Sparky

There is a fellow on YouTube that has a motorized wind screen on his Burgman. Just the thing for cool weather.

There is a "fancier" model than mine that from the factory has the motorized up/down windshield. Its called the Burgman Executive. Has a bit more chrome and electric mirrors that fold in for those tight squeezes such as pulling into a garage.

I cheaped out...  :grin:  .

Mike.........