Machria

Chains or Agro tires? Which do I want?

Coadster32

If you have frozen ground/ice under your snow AGs will be a huge disappointment ...Chains rule on ice/frozen ground.  (Also if you ever have to back up hill with AGs you are lost)  I have a Farmall M with Ags, 750 lbs of beet juice on each side and 150 lbs weight on each side she won't backup hill if it is icy..

Ok I have to ask....what is beat juice doing in your tires? 

Beat juice is pretty common to use. Doesn't freeze and weighs more per gallon than water. All in all, it's still cheaper to buy than the equivalent in weights.

Machria

Beat juice is pretty common to use. Doesn't freeze and weighs more per gallon than water. All in all, it's still cheaper to buy than the equivalent in weights.

And where do ya buy 50 gallons or whatever of beat juice?

Actually, how do you get liquids into the tires in the first place?

Machria

to tighten the chains, jack up one side of the tractor with tire off the ground, let the air mostly out of the tire (you do have a way to blow them back up right??) this works best if the tire is warm, but works cold also, release the latch but don't unhook the chain, square the chains up on the tire and hook the side with out the latch as tight as you can, then rehook the latch side as tight as you can and relatch, blow the tire back up to proper PSI, if the chains are still loose you may try again, key is to aline the chains all the way around the tire as you are trying to get them tight, but if all else fails hook a bungee cord from one part of the chain across the face of the rim to the other part of the chain wrap the bungee around the chain and back to the other side of the rim so the bungee looks like a V on the face of the rim, some time you need to use 2 bungees at 90 deg to form a star pattern this will help with the slack in the chains.

On a side note I run my latches on the out board side of the tire, and I use a zip tie to secure the latch and any loose ends on the chains.

Thanks, I'll give that a whirl.  

What about the front tires?    Today snow blowing I noticed the front wheels often slid out instead of turning the front of tractor.  Anything other than weight in front to fix that?

chevrat68

Beat juice has taken the place of calcium. You still get good weight, will not freeze and you don't need to call the hazmat team because it's biodegradable. You can get tires filled at tractor dealers. Just call and see if they are capable of doing it and a price. Got my Kubota b2710 tires filled years ago and made a big difference.

Edited by chevrat68

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

machria, cant comment on your AG vs. chain question. I am to green to this hobby to know. But I will say how I like your GT 14 and how its rigged up.

Glenn