rockinhorse

AFTERMARKET CARBS ?

rockinhorse

Are there any aftermarket carbs for a 8hp kohler engine?  Mine is wore out rebuild kit did not work.

rmaynard

What is worn out that can't be fixed?

Jake Kuhn

Check with Chuck McCOLLEY ( wheel-mule on here) He may have one or be able to get one for you if yours is not repairable

Fordiesel69

Not seen any for kohler as you can still find them.  Check ebay for a nice used one, or of course on here as well.

rockinhorse

I got a repair kit , cleaned and put back together .  It will idle but bogs down when you pull the throttle out. Have the needles set 2 turns on high and 1 1/4 turns on idle . gas is spraying heavy in back of carb. Starts good points are at .20, butterfly flap is loose.  Any ideas?

rmaynard

When you say that the butterfly flap is loose, do you mean that the screws are loose or that the throttle shaft and bushings are worn? As is the case in any rebuild, the main (high speed) needle needs to be clean inside as well as out. All little holes need to be open and air must pass from top to bottom inside the tube. If the throttle shaft is warn, get a repair kit to fix it. If the screws are loose, tighten them. Unless the carburetor is so corroded from sitting in water, or actually broken from abuse, there are not many that can't be made to work correctly. A standard Kohler "rebuild" kit is far from it. Just replacing the float valve, seat, and a couple gaskets does not constitute a rebuild.

rockinhorse

Good News      I got the tractor fixed today. Turned out not to be the carb after all . I tryed everthing that everyboby said one at a time to see what worked .Well after a few hrs. i tryed a idea that David Clements suggested. He said to change the condenser it might be bad .  It sounded odd but i had tryed everything else. Got a new condenser and put it on and now the tractor runs great.  I would have never have thought  a bad condenser would make a engine run like it was a bad carb.   Now the tractor is fixed and no more show to go to. Thanks again for all your help . Here is a pic of the tractor.

post-4384-0-09201600-1382235371_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Wheel-N-It

I like that!

clemedc

awesome tractor Karl I am glad I was able to help

Coadster32

Glad to hear you got it fixed. :handgestures-thumbupright:  Can we check out a few more pics from different angles? That is one awesome looking ride!! :bow-blue:

AMC RULES

Waaaaay cool ride...glad you got it fixed. 

Any video of it running?    :handgestures-thumbsup: