stevebo

Horse Stable Build (Mini Version)

stevebo

Thanks Shorts. That is where I think I am headed. I am just waiting on some metal wall panels to become available.... I have the thimble ordered and should have been here today. I hope to get the sliding door worked on this weekend and once fully enclosed I can then work on the stove set up more.

Does anyone know which is better to weld... black or galvanized pipe? I need one of those for the roller set up for the doors. I know welding galvanized is not good due to the gasing but is black okay?

posifour11

Pretty sure black is OK.

wallfish

Look'in GOOD!

Black pipe is OK. You can weld galvanized if you grind off the coating. Just grind it an inch or two away from the weld.

They sell galvanized sliding door roller kits in different lengths. They run nice and smooth on metal wheels with bearings.

Edited by wallfish

stevebo

Here is another update. I was able to get both doors built but only one hung as the other hardware is still rusted up and back in the e tank to free up the rollers. Got one of three lights in there hooked to the generator for now. I also got a work bench installed.

post-734-0-23245200-1383437381_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-08575300-1383437402_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-02662700-1383437419_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

stevebo

Here are a few more pics of what I was able to get done today. I poured a concrete pad to mount the 1956 Esso gas pump and started on the perimeter wood for the fire pad to sit the stove on. I will be filling it in with bricks with cement board under the bricks. I also picked up a really cool barn light fixture that will mount on the outside of the front doors. It is one of those ceramic dome shades with a gooseneck pipe. It is green on the outside and white on the inside and takes just one bulb. I will get pics of that when I can.

post-734-0-48751100-1383517608_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-88572200-1383517718_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-94982500-1383517743_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ken B

Lookin good! It all looks like it has been there for years, the way I like it.

papaglide

Looking awesome! Very nice job.

stevebo

Here are a few pics of the gas pump installed...

post-734-0-03942700-1383622249_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-58705100-1383622275_thumb.jpg

Terry M

Looks very nice Steve :)

WheelHorseSteve

Awesome, Steve!  Love it!

Coadster32

Way cool with the gas pump! :handgestures-thumbupright:

stevebo

Quick update... Got the front sliding doors done. Bought the exterior light from the local flea market last weekend but still needs to be wired. Momma did not like the white windows and had suggested I go with the green so they got painted today. This weekend if all goes well, my cousins Timbo and Toddbo will be up to pull the wires through and get me some light!! I also hope to get the wood stove up and running too. Here are a few pics...

post-734-0-34511200-1383789634_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-99270600-1383789651_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Lars

WOW Steve.. you did an amazing job on that shed. I really like it.. thats for sure will be a cozy place for the horses :handgestures-thumbupright:

Ken B

Momma was right on with the green Steve, looks great! Love the outdoor light, it looks like the one I saw at the flea market every weekend this past summer. If it is, I almost bought it about a dozen times. Glad you got it! NOW all you need to do is make a front porch off the shed with a roof over it, maybe a couple of rockin chairs for some outdoor cigar smokin and you'll be all set....You can't beat the view of the rolling hills and mountains up there on the Ponderosa that is for sure.

Edited by Ken B

truckin88

STEVE LOOKS GREAT!!!! anyway to make the pump functional off a 5 or 10 gal can to fill up the horses? AWESOME work!!!

stevebo

Thanks Will-

I have some ideas on making the pump semi functional.... I figure i will remove the inside parts since I will never use those parts again and replace it with some kind of removable 10-20 gal transfer tank with either a mechanical or electric pump. It will act as a filling station but I need to find the right set up and not break the bank doing it. If anyone has any ideas on a set up or a source for short money, I am all ears!

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

:jaw:  That shed is just way to cool Steve! :bow-blue:  :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

redidbull

Gas pump really made a huge difference. Looks great! Jim

posifour11

Would be kinda neat to use the pump to keep track of gallons used.

stevebo

Around here with 3 520's sucking down the gas and my 6 year old riding around all the time I really do not want to know how much gas is used-LOL

AMC RULES

Wait til your 6 year old can just pull over to the pump and refuel himself.   :scared-eek:  

stevebo

Craig-

He is already re fueling now... The other day he had a siphon and was pulling fuel out of one of the tractors to put in his dirt bike.

953 nut

Craig-

He is already re fueling now... The other day he had a siphon and was pulling fuel out of one of the tractors to put in his dirt bike.

:woohoo:   Your 6 year old was siphoning gas! I love this kid! :text-lol: 

• Like 1

AMC RULES

So...I wonder if you've noticed your daily drivers using more fuel than normal lately?     :scared-eek: 

truckin88

Steve look for a truck bed gas pump and tank second hand, you should be able to rig up from that

• Like 1