Brrly1

"Are you ready for some Big Ten football"

JimD

Typical Big 10, tease you along with being near the top in the pick's for awhile, then hand you your backside when you least expect it. :ychain:  Hahahaha, oh well, it was fun while it lasted.thumb_m1605.gif Now to get back in the saddle for next week's ride. :dance:

Edited by JimD
  • Like 1

stevasaurus
Big Ten Conference Standings - 2013

Year: Click on the link...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/standings/_/id/5/big-ten-conference

The Standings at about the half way point.  Ohio St. became Bowl eligible last week.  Michigan St. and Michigan can become Bowl eligible this next week...Nebraska has a bye week.

Edited by stevasaurus

stevasaurus

WEEK # 8 OCTOBER 19 .....

purdue.png  PURDUE  AT  MICHIGAN ST.  michigan_state.png

minnesota.png  MINNESOTA  AT  NORTHWESTERN  northwestern.png

indiana.png  INDIANA  AT  MICHIGAN  michigan.png

iowa.png  IOWA  AT  OHIO ST.  ohio_state.png

wisconsin.png  WISCONSIN  AT  ILLINOIS  illinois.png

stevasaurus

Well we should all be 5 wins and no losses this week...except for those that pick Iowa over Ohio St. :ychain:   It is a home team week...except for the Wisconsin at Illinois game...dang it. :bow-blue:

My picks...Michigan St., Northwestern, Michigan, Ohio St., Wisconsin

For some reason the Big Ten teams that start with the letter "I"...well Indiana, Iowa and Illinois hardly ever get over the hump.

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

squonk

I was going to make a BOLD move and take the Tecky's but I gotta go with the cheese heads along with OSU, Mich and Mich St. and Northweatern.

Brrly1

I'll bet you'll never guess!!!

• Like 1

papaglide

Michigan St., Northwestern, Michigan, Ohio St., Wisconsin

Not too challenging and definitely no surprises here folks.

Steve, how about B1G hockey?

• Like 1

JimD

Michigan St., Northwestern, Michigan, Ohio St., Wisconsin

stevasaurus

Mike, I have to admit that I have not watched a lot of college hockey.  I used to work for a guy, whose son was looking to go to a college on a scholarship.  He took days off to run his son around to college campuses, and I used to sit in his chair when he was not there.  I learned a lot when that was happening.  I did not realize how competitive college hockey is.  North Dakota is one of the best.  Minnesota is right behind...or even.  I did watch the Army vs Penn St. hockey game a couple of days ago.  What do you know about college hockey??  I actually assisted for a good friend of mine, who was coaching for a PeeWee team.  Much dollars and really weird times to get on the ice for these parents and their kids.  I had an 8 year old look at me and ask..."is that as hard as you can hit the puck"...I told him I was taking it easy on him, but I did not stand a chance with these kids...they knew I was inept...but they also knew I was there to help.  Those kids trained me.

Obviously...go BLACKHAWKS :)

papaglide

As a family, hockey is our favorite sport. We have all 3 kids involved. I coach my youngest in peewee and I am an assistant on my oldest son's varsity team. My daughter in the middle plays tier 2 travel. We have 2 college top 20 schools within 30 minutes of our house and we usually try to make it to a couple games a year.

B1G hockey is interesting. Wisconsin looks like they will win it. Minny and Michigan may give them a fight. Ohio state and PSU will probably bring up the rear. Sparty remains mired in the middle.

College hockey seems faster than the NHL with a lot less of the extraneous crap that takes place in the NHL: fights, clutching, grabbing, interference, stick work. The college game just seems less cluttered. Obviously, we still like the NHL a lot, but college is a great alternative. Besides in what other sport can the Miami Redhawks be ranked number 1? Yale won the National Championship last year...that's kind of a good thing right?

Edited by papaglide
  • Like 1

bitten

michigan state

northwestern

michigan ???

The Ohio State Buckeyes

wisconsin 

Hodge71

Here we go again...At least this week is somewhat less difficult....I think.... :hide:

Michigan State., Northwestern, Michigan, Ohio State., Wisconsin

RMCIII

Well, should be a simple pick. But then again, it is the BIG 10!!!!!

Michigan St., Michigan, Northwestern, The Ohio State Buckeyes, and........ I am going with Illinois... I know, this may haunt me... But I have to root for Illini since I was born in Illinois.... If they get the early lead, they could very well pull off a HUGE up-set....... If they fall behind early, Wisconsin will dominate the game. Should be a solid game and one that keeps your attention.

• Like 1

bk-scouter

MICHIGAN ST. , NORTHWESTERN, MICHIGAN :handgestures-fingerscrossed: ,  OHIO ST., WISCONSIN

-BK

Brrly1

Well it goes like this, Michigan State, Northwestern, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa on the road. Thats all I know for now

As always, Go Hawkeyes!!!

post-45-0-02698200-1382150820.jpg

Edited by Brrly1

stevasaurus

RESULTS FOR WEEK 8  OCTOBER 19TH

WINNING TEAMS...MICHIGAN ST., MINNESOTA, MICHIGAN, OHIO ST., WISCONSIN

WEIGHING IN AT 4 WINS AND 1 LOSS...STEVASAURUS, SQUONK, PAPAGLIDE, JIMD, BITTEN, HODGE71, BK-SCOUTER :kbutt:

WEIGHING IN AT 3 WINS AND 2 LOSSES...RMCIII, BRRLY1 :text-imsorry:

TOTAL STANDINGS

hodge71................................51 wins  /  13 losses

brrly1, bitten, stevasaurus....49 wins  / 15  losses

JimD, papaglide, RMCIII......48 wins  /  16 losses

bk-scouter.............................45 wins  /  19  losses

squonk..................................42 wins  /  22  losses

4 games next week...3 or maybe 4 of them are not easy picks...could be some real  movement is the standings.  This will be a good week to get in touch with the "Magic Pencil" to gain some ground. :)

Edited by stevasaurus

stevasaurus

Squonk...I was down to the bottom a couple of weeks ago just to see what it was like...I did not like it.  I am going after Hodge71...hang on to my coat tails Mate. :)

Not the official next weeks schedule, but just to hang the bait out there...Nebraska at Minnesota...Northwestern at Iowa...Michigan St. at Illinois...Penn St. at Ohio St.

I will put the official next week thingy on Monday. :eusa-think:

Edited by stevasaurus

stevasaurus

WEEK # 9  OCTOBER 26TH

4 GAMES THIS WEEK AND SOME MUCH TOUGHER CHOICES

.nebraska.png  NEBRASKA  AT  MINNESOTA  minnesota.png

northwestern.png  NORTHWESTERN  AT  IOWA  iowa.png

michigan_state.png  MICHIGAN ST.  AT  ILLINOIS  illinois.png

penn_state.png  PENN ST.  AT  OHIO ST.  ohio_state.png

• Like 1

stevasaurus

This could be the "upset week" all of us on the bottom have been waiting for. :bow-blue:   No picks  in this post...have to give this week some thought...just want to put some ideas out there. :ychain:

Nebraska at Minnesota...a toss up being at Minnesota...close game...could go either way...2 ots

Northwestern at Iowa...if Coulter is back...Northwestern....if Coulter is still out...Northwestern :ychain:  4th quarter

Michigan St. at Illinois...Illinois really needs this game...so does Michigan St.  Who wants it more on Illinois' home field??  1 ot

Penn St. at Ohio St. DUH...Ohio St.  I think it will be a close game though, but it is at Ohio St.  3rd quarter.

The Big Ten According to Stevasaurus :eusa-think:

Brrly1

What's up? Well I guess you can say I'm going with these teams this week. The picks are Nebraska,it looks like Martinez is coming back, Michigan State, Ohio State and it doesn't matter on the Coulter thing with or without Coulter I'll take the Hawkeyes!!!! Psych, thought I was going to didn't you. Oh well

As always, Go Hawkeyes!!!

post-45-0-72255800-1382445768.jpg

• Like 1

squonk

I can't go any lower than I am now Neb, North western, I'll, OSU

papaglide

No picks, still thinking....some thoughts....the availability of Colter will make a big difference for Northwestern going forward, maybe the difference between a W and a L at Iowa.... Minny and huskers will be tight even if Martinez plays, I feel that the teams match up pretty well.....as much as I admire how PSU has been playing OSU just has too many athletes.......as much as it hurts me to say this, Sparty is playing very well, (almost too well for a Dantonio coached team?) and they should fare well at Champaign......the way I see it we have 2 predictable games and two possible upset specials.....final picks will be out later this week.

stevasaurus

PapaMike...I agree with you...it is a good chance for "upset week".  I've looked at the tea leaves, tried meditation. checked the stats and standings, and did the nut hanging by a string from a #2 pencil.  I had Pink Floyd on while in meditation. :bow-blue:   All the stars are in alignment and my feelings are telling me...go with the Home Teams.  With all that said...I am taking...Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Ohio St. :eusa-think:

Oh ya...Maroon beats Red...Yellow beats Purple...Orange beats Green...Grey beats White :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 1

squonk

I had Pink Floyd on while in meditation. :bow-blue:   

That's funny. I would have thought you'd be listen to Trini Lopez, Anne Murray, or this guy!  :)  :ychain:

imgres_zps266ce715.jpg

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Mike, I am still a product of the 60's and early 70's...if it is too loud...you are too old.  :) The real question is...am I comfortable with my picks???  The answer is ..no I am not.  Sometimes you just have to trust your feelings.  It takes a lot to get to that point.  How many times have you made up your mind about something, and looked back and said..."I should have listened to my feelings".??  This is one of those times...I am listening to my feelings...we will see.  I am going with my feelings this week. :eusa-think: