Sign in to follow this  
sned

Picked up GT14

sned

So I am back. I sold my Franken tractor with the FEL for probably way too cheap and decided to wash my hands of tractors. That lasted the winter while I sat inside and tinkered on motorcycles. Now that lawn work needs to be done I couldn't stay away. Picked up two GT14s not two miles from my house. One is in pieces and seems to be all there the other is complete and runs perfect. I got all the 3point hardware but it seems I am missing one critical piece. I am missing the axle bracket that holds the lower lift arms. Tried doing a search on here with no luck. Anyone know where I can get a drawing or dimensions to make this bracket? Feels good to be back.

gwest_ca

Garry

sned

Thanks Garry.  Based on the user manual you provided I am looking for the dimensions of part # 9841.  Judging from the pics I think I can ball park it so I should be able to do it in a pinch.  Main thing I need to know is how low are the lift arm pins below the axle.

sned

Would someone with a GT14 measure from the bottom of their axle to the center point of the pin that holds the lift arms? Would be much appreciated.

tkol1969

post-8872-0-43790800-1367368422.jpg

dug up this old pic i found online. things arent hooked up right but you get the idea. actually the bottom limks have two hookup holes on each side at different heights. if i can tomorrow i will try and measure mine for ya. looks like the top hole is about at the bottom of the axel and the other below that. talk to ya soon

sned

Figured I would post some pics in the mean time.

20130504_123854.jpg

20130504_123847.jpg

20130504_123752.jpg

Tom.

Nice looking wheel horse, it looks in great condition. I bet it's a real worker!

Tom

Racinbob

That sure is a great looking GT14. I'm one that likes to restore the oldies but I think I'd leave that one as is. From the picture the seat is even in great condition. You don't find those seats in that condition often.

sned

Thanks Bob. This tractor came with a second complete GT14 in pieces. If I decide to do any restoring I will start on that one. They both came with mowing decks which I have no interest in if anyone wants or needs one.

• Like 1

weien's wheel horses

I am in need of a gt 14 deck what are you asking for one of yours

tkol1969

sorry i have'nt forgot about ya. things have been pretty busy. well i was doing some work and didnt have a tape measure but my buddy had a camera, got ya some better pics. you can probably figure it out from thes. ill still try and get exact measurement today. on mine i think i incorporated the plow hookup right to the 3 point somehow? don't remember exactly why

post-8872-0-07124100-1369497355_thumb.jp

sned

Thanks tkol it looks like basically a c-channel bolted to the back of the plow bracket. From what I can tell there are two mount holes. One level with axle and one lower even with the hitch bolt. I think I can wing it from here. Here we go!

tkol1969

yeah the bottom of the top hole is level with the bottom of the axle and the lower hole is 2.5 inches down. bolts to the axle like plow mount and thats why i welded plow bracket to it. actually u bolts are in the same place as plow u bolts. coundnt have both so thats what i did.

sned

Have not built the three point lower bracket yet but I needed to move my car. Needs a new distributor. MSD has failed me too many times. I am used to the ultra low gearing of first in the 8spd rear so it struggled a little more than I expected but it did the job.

20130526_131126.jpg

20130526_131141.jpg

20130526_131151.jpg

jimt1971

The Nova is sweet. One day my 63 SS Convt will be done.

Jim

sned

Jim they are never done!

• Like 1

Torino

Love that wagon!  When I was little and riding in the back of a wagon I never thought in a million years they could be cool.  Now I just love a hot rod wagon. :auto-car: