Sign in to follow this  
leeave96

Wheel Weight Question

leeave96

For some reason, I'm thinking that Wheelhorse made some wheel weights for the inside of the rims.  Anything to this?  If they did were they rear only or both front and rear?

Also, would these wheel weights have fit a C - series and/or 300, 400 and 500 tractors?

Thanks!

Bill

bowtieguy

Last year I acquired a "round nose" from Lincoln NE...and it was equipped with a pair of inside rear wheel weights...painted red and appeared to be original equipment...just my 2 c's worth.

GlenPettit

Wheel Horse dealers could sell "Inside Rear Weights", the factory did not make them or list them, it was up to the individual dealers.

There are a 1/2 Round pair of weights per wheel, each weighing about 25# each or 50# per rear wheel, two bolts holding on each half-weight.

xx

Sparky

Find a set of IH weights like these I put on the inside of my rim. There are official WH weights on the outside. Gives me 75#'s per wheel.

post-2-0-34201100-1365807203_thumb.jpg

Mike.............

marreque

i belive 953's, 1054's and GT-14's all had inside wheel weights. i know my 1054 has them. For some reason i think the WH part number is WW-93

AMC RULES

I have some  :wh: inside, rear wheel weights shown here on 6-12's, not sure if they would fit 23x8.5 rims or not...easy enough to do a test fit for you tomorrow though. 

post-3498-0-43004300-1365812648_thumb.jp

KC9KAS

My GT-14 has the 2 piece weights on the inside of the rear wheels.

leeave96

Might have the answer under my nose.  Pulled the ag tires off my 314-8 and cast iron wheel weights.  I believe I recall these are Wheelhorse weights too - at least that's what I thought when I paid FULL price years ago - LOL

Here is the back side of the rim:

post-6085-0-83817800-1365824422_thumb.jp

Here is the wheel weight:

post-6085-0-15430000-1365824461_thumb.jp

Here is the wheel weight setting on the rim:

post-6085-0-46912000-1365824487_thumb.jp

Note the cut-out in the weight for the valve stem.  Also, I always thought it odd that the wheel weight did not fill-up the depth of the rim - when mounted on the outside of the rim.  On the inside of the rim, it looks like a glove fit.  Question is - will the hole in the weight fit over the hub.  It measures a very close fit.

Anyone have a set of this style wheel weight they are using on the inside of their wheels?

The goal here is to get the weight to the inside of the tire so the hub cap can be installed.

Thanks!

Bill

Sparky

I say bolt it all up (inside and outside weights) and install them on your tractor and see if you have any issues. I bet it works out just fine for ya.

Mike........

Lane Ranger

The  953/1054, 1054-A, and GT 14 could use the WW-93 Wheel Horse wheel weights .   They were two halves and set in the inside of the 15 inch wheel on these tractors .   Bolts went from the inside to the outside and lug nuts on the outside of the wheel heald  them in place.

We have two sets on 1054's.  I will try to post some phtos later but I beleive the WW-93 Manual  in in the Red Square list of attachment Manuals on this site and in the Implments photos on this site.

post-339-0-02090400-1365945496.jpg

post-339-0-26614200-1365945660.jpg

post-339-0-98685700-1365945613.jpg

post-339-0-16593000-1365945703.jpg

Edited by Lane Ranger

jay in nc

both my rj 59 & my 71 bronco 14 have these weights, the po. of the bronco said they were put on when it was new so he could still have hubcaps. Jay

WheelHorseSteve

Might have the answer under my nose.  Pulled the ag tires off my 314-8 and cast iron wheel weights.  I believe I recall these are Wheelhorse weights too - at least that's what I thought when I paid FULL price years ago - LOL

Here is the back side of the rim:

attachicon.gifIMG_0882.JPG

Here is the wheel weight:

attachicon.gifIMG_0884.JPG

Here is the wheel weight setting on the rim:

attachicon.gifIMG_0886.JPG

Note the cut-out in the weight for the valve stem.  Also, I always thought it odd that the wheel weight did not fill-up the depth of the rim - when mounted on the outside of the rim.  On the inside of the rim, it looks like a glove fit.  Question is - will the hole in the weight fit over the hub.  It measures a very close fit.

Anyone have a set of this style wheel weight they are using on the inside of their wheels?

The goal here is to get the weight to the inside of the tire so the hub cap can be installed.

Thanks!

Bill

Yup!  I have them on both tractors... they are awesome.  65 or so pounds on the inside of each wheel... which means I could easily top 120 lbs / wheel if I ran outside weights too.  For the hub to fit you may need to do a little bit of grinding on the casting imperfections... it doesn't take much, but smooth out the inside to ensure you don't have interference.  It's a tight fit!

hitch.jpg

leeave96

Another question - did Wheelhorse offer front wheel weights that mount on the inside of the wheel?

Thanks!

Bill