Sign in to follow this  
hm12460

New Cabelas grand opening, Grandville, Mi.

hm12460

They had their grand opening last week Thursday. I went there Saturday, last week. What a mad house! Had to park about 4 store's over. Inside the store was incredibly crowded. Grandville city police were there to help with crowd control. The gun/ammo counter was lined up about 4 deep all the way around. Imagine that. It is a smaller store, not at all as big as the store in Dundee, Mi. Have always thought there price's were a little high. They wanted $399 for  Ruger LC-9, my local gun shop dealer wants $369, if he ever gets any in. Salesman told me the ammo truck is there every morning at 6 am and there is a line waiting to get in at 8 am when they open up for the day. Sure wish things would settle down and get back to normal.

squonk

My Dept. head is into this prepping thing. It's almost laughable. His guy didn't win in November so his solution is spending all his money on guns and ammo so he can survive a nuclear holocaust that probably won't happen. And if it did, all that would be left are the preppers fighting each other and killing each other off.

Edited by squonk

Trouty56

There is a biga$$ Cabelas in Reading, PA also.....got a large full mount museum in it plus a restaurant upstairs.  I think people are buying ammo because of the rumors of restricting sales....  Nuclear annihilation doesn't worry me....no defense against that.....there are other much worse scenarios...... :)

squonk

I hear it every day. It's a topic at meetings now. Good Grief! Building a bunker. Digging holes to bury money. His church is really into it.

Edited by squonk

KC9KAS

Grand Opening at a Cabelas in Clarksville or New Albany Indiana...There is a Bass Pro there, so Cabelas is moving in now.

I think it is April 10-12.

Iggy68

Can you remember when the only way to buy something from Cabelas was ordering it from the catalog? Or drive to Nebraska? It was a good day when the new catalog showed up in the mail. I used to live 6 miles from the one in Dundee. What a store!

Paul D.

I was in Granville this past weekend and visited the cabelas. Similar story. So packed we made a lap around the main aisle and out we went. Only thing I got was a sales flyer lol. I am fortunate to live less than an hour from the Bass pro shop in portage In. And there is a cabelas about 10 miles down the road from that. They've been open long enough that the lines aren't so crazy. I will say that Bass pros prices are typically better. That and my wife Loves to eat a Bass Pros restaurant so it's a good excuse to get me in the store!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk