Sign in to follow this  
rydogg

New toys for the shop

rydogg

Horse hunting has been kind of slow lately and I have been selling a lot of stuff I don't need or use anymore and watching craigslist for some deals on shop equipment the last couple weeks have been very good to me...I picked up a 80 gallon Champion 2 stage air compressor this compressor runs at about 600 rpm and is very quiet compared to an oil less compressor and the company is still in business so I can easily get parts for it.  Previous owner said it would keep up with everything except his 1 inch impact....cfm is 18 to 23 so it will keep up with everything in my little shop.

craigslist602.jpg

I was cruising craigslist one evening when this plasma cutter came up at a VERY cheap price I emailed the owner and told him I would take it so we set up a time to pick up after he got off work but during that time he had a bunch of phone calls and emails asking about it and when he told them it was sold they gave him an earful for selling it so cheap so he calls me up and asks if I will pay a little more so I agree since I am still paying less than half of what they are selling for used on ebay.  I tried it out a little today and it is very easy to use and a lot of fun....I can run it at either 115v for up to 1/4 inch or 220v for 3/8.

craigslist604.jpg

craigslist605.jpg

My boss updated his torch set so I got his old set, it's a combination of Victor and Smith's.  I need to lease some tanks and build a cart.

craigslist606.jpg

Still looking for a good sandblaster or I may set up an e-tank.

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Ryan, you need to bring that plasma cutter to the LaSueur show.  We will need it to start the camp fire at Joebob's. :) :) :woohoo::) :)

squonk

A good Qxy/Acetylene torch works wonders for roasting marshmallows and wienies!! :) :)

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Sounds like you got several nice additions to your shop.

I think the guy with the plasma cutter kind of ran over you, but if you are comfortable with the deal, that is all that matters.

can whlvr

great deals on your goodies,so i guess you have to get some handy man specials to rebuild to use the new tools

rydogg

Sounds like you got several nice additions to your shop.

I think the guy with the plasma cutter kind of ran over you, but if you are comfortable with the deal, that is all that matters.

I wasn't very happy with the seller doing that but I still got it very cheaply he was still pretty hesitant to sell it for so cheap I am just happy that I got it,  I was playing with it a little and love the tip setup that you drag directly on the metal instead of the other one I used that had a guide.

wheelhorse367.jpg