PADan

308-8 What would you pay?

Terry M

I think you did OK. :handgestures-thumbupright: Besides, You can't put a price on all the new friends you could make at the :rs: .

Jim_M

Congratulations. It was money well spent.

• Like 1

zieg72

I think you did OK. :handgestures-thumbupright: Besides, You can't put a price on all the new friends you could make at the :rs: .

AMEN x 100 especially the last part

WH520

Congrats! IMO you got a good deal. It's hard to beat those old Kohlers. My grandpa had a 414-8 that was abused and I mean ABUSED it's whole life. He sold it to his neighbor 5 or 6 years ago that still uses it today.

Kelly

I have to ask you guys...If it was your tractor, would you sell it with a deck for $100 or 150?

If it was mine, I'd take 10 min. buy a cheap batt. make it run and drive, clean it up a bit check it over and if all was good ask $500 as a ready to use machine.

• Like 1

marvairplanes

Kelly,

And I'm betting you would find a buyer !

can whlvr

i know im in late for this one but 250 is a very fair price for any wheelhorse with a mower deck in my neck of the woods and im with jim,i dont even sell a mower deck for 150 unalone a whole tractor,a 308-8 was my first wheelhorse,a 1986 bought new and i still have it and its my go to tractor for alot of things,ya it has a different motor but they are great tractors and use little fuel to do the job

Polchy10

Just curious if this is a good model, I only have a quarter acre but can't use a push mower.  How much should I pay for it. Wheel Horse riding mower 308-8. I'm not sure how old it is but this is what the seller says.                     Wheel Horse riding mower 308-8. 8 speed 6 forward 2 reverse. 8 hp kohler engine, 37 in mower deck. Owners manual / operating and maintence manual, new spare belt. Seat had some wear and tear and has been taped.  

Thank you for any help.

WHX??

All horses are good models just some are more more favored by us here than others. A 308 will walk all over a 1/4 acre without breaking a sweat.

Hard to say on the value Polchy without seeing some pics or knowing what kind of shape it's in, how good was it taken care of and lots of other factors. This is an old thread but all of  the advice given in it still pretty much holds true includeing the pricing. Put up a couple of pics if possible and a model/serial no. The wear & tear on the seat means nothing as you would be hard pressed to find a tractor of this age where it's not worn out. Let us know what he's asking and of course those pics .

BTW welcome to Red Square.

• Like 3

Amcwheel85

It runs so you got a decent deal! Looks just like my 310-8 and I love mine. I would of bought that 308-8 if I had the chance.. I'm also a fan of the all red grille so.. Good luck with it!

ezeastside

Don't underestimate the 8 HP Kohler. I had a 308I just parted with that was a very capable machine.

I was able to till no problem with it. I also ran a 37" deck with a bagger for fall clean up.

The best part? It uses so little fuel and is relatively quiet running.

Good luck with it, IMHO You got a great deal!!!