Sign in to follow this  
MikesRJ

Not a tractor, but still interesting

MikesRJ

I have just returned from a month-long trip to Germany (once again). I did not get the ooportunity to get to Dresden, but this will give you an idea of the advances the German automotive industry is making ... Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nd5WGLWNllA?rel=0

meadowfield

awesome - I've heard about this factory, but never looked it up ! thanks for sharing.

mark

p.s. Dresden is a fantastic place - a beautiful city, despite the heavy bombings it is wonderful to see how they have restored many of the buildings.

racinfool40

Pretty neat Mike!!! Thanks for sharing that, All This new technology is simply amazing!!

rmaynard

Thanks Mike. Great video. :thumbs: Welcome back.

Rollerman

Wow...."unreal" :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Talk about a mega investment in that manufacturing facility. :scratchead:

Simply stunning, when you considering what we're told about the condition of the global economy. :eusa-think:

smoreau

That factory is state of the art! I have seen a lot of videos of this factory over the last few years and they have a very nice setup for the more higher end buyers. I do think that they do have some of the best ideas for safety and ingenuity of making a great product! I am not a VW fan and would never buy one, but they have done some very neat things in the automotive industry that will only make things better for all manufactures so I do applaud them in there thoughts and designs. I my self will only buy American where the money stays here in America and not a company that has come to America to build one and the money does not stay here. Just my personal preference and that is just me in the way I like to support America. But that factory is awesome and would like to see it in person some day! They did some really nice things and made it so any one can help put there car together , that is neet!

• Like 1

btrrg1969

very cool show , thanks for sharing :)

JimD

Very cool video, and welcome home!

Hydro

I've owned seven VW's. The Phaeton was only ever offered for a very short time in here in Canada, not sure about what is happening in the rest of the world. The world market is an interesting place.

Smoreau has a valid point, problem is we all want the best deal at a lower price and therein is the bigger problem shared by both our countries which feeds the offshore markets. Harbour Freight as an example, Walmart another.

Maybe there is something to learn from this technolodgy but then again sometimes as in the Wheel Horse design simple is better. Problem was it did not survive. :twocents-02cents: