Sign in to follow this  
Paul D.

Rototiller install on a C141

Paul D.

So, I'm looking at visiting Kelly this March to pick up a Rototiller for my C141. I have noticed in all of the pics and videos of Wheel Horses with Tillers that there is a chain that raises and lowers it. What I am trying to figure out is where the heck does that chain go and what does it attach to? I'm kinda new to the wheel horse thing and REALLY new to the tiller thing. My wife wants to start a garden out at her parents place(we don't have enough property to start one at home) and that seems like a good excuse to play with the horse. Pics would be a bonus. Thanks, You guys Rock

stevebo

you will need a "bell crank" i call it that installs in between the seat supports under the fender pan. it is just a straight roundbar with flatstock welded to it. there are 2 different types, one has slots cut out and the other just has a hole at the bottom. the one with the slots is for adjustment.

now starting from the rockshaft tab under the tractor you run a cable from the short tab back through the tube that goes over the rear end and finally connects to the bell crank. then the chain you were talking about will connect to the other end of the bell crank and then back to the tiller. i know many people make they're own using hardware store cable but I would suggest getting it from toro as they are still available. I am sure someone here will be able to provide a visual of what I described. if not, i am sure kelly will help you out. good luck-

Kelly

I have a rock shaft set up here that will fit your tractor well part of it, I just looked you have a hydro so I may not have the tube and cable but have everything else, remind me when your here, make a list of stuff don't try to remember everything.

Paul D.

Thanks, Kelly I will start a list. Only problem is I don't know exactly what I need. Is there any way to get some pics or sketches of that rock shaft setup? Maybe on Toro's website or something. I could make one up for it if I knew what it looked like. I just can't picture it from the descriptions. I suck at charades too :scratchead:

sorekiwi

Paul D.

Thanks, that's a good start