The toymaker

Ditch embankment mower

Here are a couple of photos of my ditch mower. The state thinks I need a canyon for a ditch, so after a year of weed eater tourture, I decided that there had to be a better way. I just took an old lawnboy and made a new aluminum deck with open ends,

then made a frame and arms from square tubing. A harbor freight winch raises and lowers the arms with the control switch

incorporated into the tractors motion lever. On the right side of the tractor, there is a car battery, onboard charger, and 200

pounds of steel which all serves as a counterweight.

This was the sixth year I've used it and have had really good luck so far. The only thing I want to change is to make the unit quick tach so the tractor could be used for other things.

ditchmower.jpg

ditchmower2.jpg

• Like 4

thats really ingenius,it makes a torturous job into fun,and looks to work really good,you will be mowing everyones ditches

That's got to be one of the best thingamajigs I've seen yet!!! Great imagination!

Suits your member name well "The ToyMaker"

Sweet creativity :)

Very good thinking, and nice touch using a 2 cycle engine on a steep angle.

Thanks for sharing the images, looks pretty cool. :thumbs: Like they say..."necessity is the mother." :icecream:

I'm thinkin', with that user ID, there's a lot more where that came from. :scratchead: 0