Sign in to follow this  
puddlejumper

Fatherhood

puddlejumper

:woohoo: :D Maybe this should be in the funnies section. My oldest son 14, spent the day in the hay fields came home and ask if he could go to the river and go fishing. Sure son go ahead,

Took his 1200 cub cadet with lawn trailer with fishing poles , cooler , everything needed for a relaxing fishing trip. Well when he got there rather than carry everything to the sand bar,down the walkpath and out on the sand bar he goes with the cub and trailer. River just went down. I called him a little after dark and told him to head home. So loads everything up makes a wide swing to turn around(of course to the low side) Guess where I have been for the last hour.Watching him dig it out. Of course he didnt give buried it all the way down till the mower deck was high centered.

I am not real proud at the moment but I guess it beats him sitting at home with a video game.

JimD

Kids do the darnedest things. :D I bet if ya think back in time a ways you'll remember one of your own "been there done that" moments. I know I did. :woohoo:

mcwh1950

Glad every thing turn out for your son and the cub cadet 1200.. if you need any part for the 1200 let me know, I got one setting here in the garage . I will sell the parts dirt cheap or trade for wheel horse parts.

100_2101.jpg

I also have the side panel.

Kelly

Funny, my kids do the same stuff, don't we all learn more from mistakes we do, than stuff we are told??

IthacaJeff

Actually, I'd be a bit proud. Kid works the fields, goes fishin', and the worst thing he

does is get the tractor stuck. Heck, I got my 310-8 stuck 3 times trying to rototill in

the mud (very wet spring)!

And you got to WATCH him get it out!! That's a good day.

Jeff in Enfield NY

Operator

Did you hold the flashlite so he could see to dig? :woohoo:

Tell yourself, "it could have been worse", A learning experience huh!

shorts

:ROTF: :D:P

I want to hear his version of how dad brought me a shovel and sat on the bank and watched, didn't even bring lifeline to pull me out :D:D

He just read another chapter about life and consequences of his actions, be happy that you were able to be there to help :woohoo:

SousaKerry

I have been teaching my 16 year old step son the finer points of rustoration had him e-tank a hood and fender pan, the latter had been painted pink at some point with latex house paint.....

Lets just say that paint is sticking like peanut butter in a dogs mouth.

So he has been wire brushing by hand, last night he asks me can I take it to work and sand blast it. I say nope ya gotta do it the hard way it's way to hot ion the shop to stand in front of that dang booth for 2 hours.

I think he is starting to realize those parts that I take to work all rusted up and come home shiny and new looking take quite a bit of work :woohoo:

puddlejumper

Well, I have to admit it was hard to hold back a chuckle or two, First he wanted me to take my truck in to get him, I could've but not after dark on tuesday with work today. I have drove them out on sandbars to go fishing in the past (but on friday night not midweek). Then he wanted to take the 701 and thats when I said no your going to use a shovel. And yes I held the light for him and even pushed a little. All in all it was a pretty good lesson learned without any damage.

But bottom line is he knew better. Which stated above we all are guilty of brain farts and they are quite common at that age.

mavfreak

you know it could be so much worse. If you look real hard my 14 year old's friend thought she would write her name on the hood of my C161 twin. found it this morning around 7am. They also took a pen and made a smiley face on my steering knob. ( picture won't load)

1311208015.jpg

Well that is the best I can get it out. I have no idea how it marked the paint so bad. And they are buying me a new steering spinner. And they still think its funny and can't understand why I'm pissed.

Your boy sounds like a good kid, And he'll learn from this, hopefully.

I don't think my daughter will learn anything