Sign in to follow this  
Ken B

I couldn't help myself!

Ken B

I have known this truck since it was new. It was always parked out front of Ray's Speed Shop in Danbury CT. I bought it off Rays brother. I drove by the truck almost every day back in the late 80's and early 90's and I always admired it. The truck is a 1988 with 115,000 original miles on the body and the 350. It runs excellent, she was well cared for. Even under the hood is spotless.

I haven't seen the truck for a good 15 yrs. now and when I saw it for sale I couldn't believe it, and I had to have it. Besides a few spots where the clear coat is thin or peeling she still looks great, and no rust! She is gonna make a nice little Horse hauler. (Still got my Jeep Steve)

drawingbyjesse628.jpg

drawingbyjesse625.jpg

drawingbyjesse627.jpg

VinsRJ

For an 88 that does look clean.... good luck with it Ken :thumbs:

Gene_S

Ken I've been a GM person my whole life and that's a sweet looking truck... :thumbs:

sorekiwi

Very nice looking truck! Would look nice with a horse in the back!

stevebo

There goes the new Wheelhorse fund !!! :thumbs::thumbs: Looks great. Let me know when you are ready to sell it-seriously !

Kelly

That is nice, I've drove suburbans for 16 years now like my GM's

zieg72

Nice find, I got 6 Chevy trucks myself + 2 parts trucks

mavfreak

Not a big fan of chevy but I do know A nice truck when I see one! :thumbs:

6wheeler

Nice truck....... For a Chevy :thumbs:. You can FORD a river. You can DODGE a river...... BUT, you can't CHEVY a river :thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs:

dclarke

Nice lookin truck Ken. :thumbs:

stevasaurus

Ken, that is a beauty, and the color... :thumbs:

jdpuller

Nice truck looks good too :thumbs:

SALTYWRIGHT

IT IS THE RIGHT COLOR FOR HAULING THE WHEEL HORSES. GOOD LUCK WITH IT. RUSS

Coadster32

That thing is sweet! :thumbs: I'd be looking at that for a while also.

Ken B

Thanks for the compliments guys!

can whlvr

real nice truck and with the price of fuel these days i should have been a bargain

Ken B

I'm not to sure what would be considered a bargain. I have been looking for quite some time and everything I have seen in my price range of between 3-4k had either 250,000 miles on it, or it was rusted out, or both. Lots of these trucks of this vintage have been thru some of the harshest treatment.

My younger bother just sold his 89 short bed chev 4x4 1500 with over 300,000 miles on it (it did run excellent) though it had plenty of rust, dents and a cracked windshield with a general appearance of ass. He put it on Craigslist for 1700.00 and within 3 hrs. he had at least a half dozen calls and by the end of the same day it was down the road for 1700.00. The truck he got to replace it he hates and he wishes he kept the old one.

I put some value in the fact that my truck is a one owner truck from a guy that is now 70 yrs. old and he believed in proper maint. and care. I've heard from some friends that own similar trucks that 18mpg on the higway is totally possible, I'm already used to that with my Grand Cherokee. Its hard to believe but my Shelby is the econobox in my fleet. :thumbs:

Shuboxlover

Nice truck....... For a Chevy :thumbs:. You can FORD a river. You can DODGE a river...... BUT, you can't CHEVY a river :drool::thumbs::thumbs:

BUT.....you CAN drive a Chevy to a levy............ :thumbs:

Ken B

Nice truck....... For a Chevy :thumbs:. You can FORD a river. You can DODGE a river...... BUT, you can't CHEVY a river :drool::thumbs::thumbs:

BUT.....you CAN drive a Chevy to a levy............ :thumbs:

Or with the Chevy you can go right thru the river. :drool:

WheelHorseSteve

Sweet truck, Ken! Looks mint... What a find!

Uncle BO

Ken, beautiful was that ed's truck? best of luck I know you have good taste :thumbs: all the GM guy's have to stay togeather :thumbs: :beer

Unclebo

can whlvr

and dont forget the chevy can pull the ford and dodge out of the river too :thumbs:

MikesRJ

... all it needs in a wheel horse sun shade screen on the back window ... :thumbs:

Nice looking truck Ken. :thumbs:

Ken B

Ken, beautiful was that ed's truck? best of luck I know you have good taste :thumbs: all the GM guy's have to stay togeather :thumbs: :beer

Unclebo

Yes I purchased it from Ed. :thumbs:

fireman

Ken I remember that truck sitting outside of Ray's. Used to drive by it at least a few time's a week. He always kept that thing washed and polished. Great Find!