Wild Bill in VA

Yes, Virginia there is a Santa ..... I mean 1045 Pullin' tractor

Handy Don

Bill, have you ever had a WH break down while pulling?  If yes, what broke?

953 nut
14 hours ago, Wild Bill in VA said:

pull stock tractors and show the world just how good Wheel Horses are. I pulled my 1045 with the mower deck in place so when the front tires came off the ground, I could show the folks watching the pull what kind mower deck blades I use!

:confusion-shrug:                Those tiers sure aren't stock for the 1045, guess the rules are a bit fuzzy in that area.             :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

Wild Bill in VA
On 9/4/2022 at 8:40 PM, Handy Don said:

Bill, have you ever had a WH break down while pulling?  If yes, what broke?

Don, I have always believed in preventive maintenance so i don't remember ever breaking anything, but I have forgotten a key to one of the tractors I was going to pull with. The only time I had a problem was the first time pullin' with the 633 Diesel Beast. The Hatz diesel is mounted on a modified frame (it weighs 15-pound heavier than a stock frame) and the 7.5 HP diesel takes two people to lift up (it's a chunk of iron) so with all the extra weight I figured the tires would just spin when the tractor got done pullin'. Well, I was wrong. As I went down the track all the sudden the steering felt loose, so I took a quick look down to see what may have fallen off. What do I see but the front tires up off the ground, so the clutch was pushed in a little to get the tires back on the ground but as soon as I let the clutch pedal back up and the front end of the 633 Diesel Beast reached for the sky! The 633 Diesel Beast was going to flip all the way over, if not for my quick reactions by swinging my left leg over and using my hand to knock the transmission shifter out of gear I would have been crushed by the weight. The tractor was caught up in the air by people working track. So needless to say, wheelie bars are mounted to the 633 Diesel Beast.

With my old 753 I have shown off by making a cell phone call going down and the track or I would try to catch the pullin' traction right and shut the ignition off while the front tires were up in the air and the 753 would just sit that way not running but doing a wheelie! I have always said "It's not how far you pull but the show you can put on" .

Wild Bill in Richmond VA

Edited by Wild Bill in VA
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

fast88pu

It's always fun pulling with the deck still mounted. 

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2950.jpg

• Excellent 2