41chevy

B 80 clutch idler

41chevy

image.jpeg.d1c43d90b87960e8fe1c7274bf5e22ec.jpegWhich side goes towards the trans? Thanks

image.jpeg.036ecb2c52e8d59eb39f91be3b1cd6c1.jpeg 

WHX??

I do believe the side with the bushing extension goes against the clutch arm. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@41chevy  opportunity  flat pocket screwdriver , roll out those side shields  and clean out generic grease , flush with carb clean , refill with lucas xtra. hd , chassis grease , pop the seals back in , no noise or failure , done that to all my new bearings , no whining  noise or failure , smooth / solid .  only a suggestion , pete    

41chevy
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

@41chevy  opportunity  flat pocket screwdriver , roll out those side shields  and clean out generic grease , flush with carb clean , refill with lucas xtra. hd , chassis grease , pop the seals back in , no noise or failure , done that to all my new bearings , no whining  noise or failure , smooth / solid .  only a suggestion , pete    

I tried that first.

41chevy
12 hours ago, peter lena said:

Good morning Pete

I ‘ve done that trick before and it has worked. I’d heat the grease till I could  just about pour it, but when I started trying to get the seal out I noticed it wasn’t working. At first I thought it was dirt I was cleaning out but as I dug deeper It was like a piece of leather shredding as I picked at it.152CEC5F-F32D-4988-B43A-2908320FE391.jpeg.30f1a921bb207b7687c577bde4306dee.jpeg. A little further in I came to a  shiny piece of metal that’s where I quit and looked it up at (local) Jacks small engines (Toro dealer) only 23 dollars. I’m going to put a cut off wheel to it this morning, I’ll let you know the results. Have good day.

Oh do you agree with WHX??? That the bushing end of the bearing faces in?  Thx Steve

• Like 1

peter lena

@41chevy  just got back from the lake , this heat has made it into a swamp , the top photo , silver pulley has the wide rubber side shields that I  refer to , simple , the  bottom  last picture  is like the original  pulley , , WOULD NOT   cut off  bushing , that does face in . 2  different set ups , totally went away from original tiny bearings , T/ S or local similar supply regularly has same Size / type  pulleys , flat or  v  grove , regularly with a larger bearing , and wider  grease shields ,thats what you want , just get a 3/8"  i / d  BRONZE BUSHING  for the match up , done that on my deck pulleys as well , pete