ElevatorChris

Can anyone help with motor wiring

ElevatorChris

Freshly rebuilt motor but try to figure out the wiring if anyone could help thanks91B491A9-BF95-47D5-AE8C-E2860A87B60A.jpeg.33de5c1cc68d4b5a1fbbdfdf333521d7.jpeg

gwest_ca

Welcome to Red Square

Do you know the specification number of this engine? or what model of tractor it came from? 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

squonk

The wire with the hook on the end and rubber grommet is supposed to go from the coil negative to the points. Why it's in the location it is is beyond me.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

Mods - this should be moved to electrical section for better exposure… this section is for battery powered tractors…

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:

:confusion-confused:     I see a coil wire with a spark tester apparently emerging from the engine flywheel cover which would indicate a Magneto Ignition system.    :confusion-shrug:    I also see what appears to be the wire from a set of ignition points to a battery ignition coil.   Got to know a bit more about this engine to give you the correct wiring. Please don't do anything involving putting power to the wires on this engine until we know the Spec number or the application it was installed on prior to being rebuilt.

• Like 2

wallfish

:WRS:

Do you have a pic of the front?

Edited by wallfish

The Freightliner Guy

:text-welcomewave:

squonk

Now I'm thinking it's a magneto engine and that points wire is supposed to exit the shroud on the other side. 

• Like 1

953 nut
5 minutes ago, squonk said:

Now I'm thinking it's a magneto engine and that points wire is supposed to exit the shroud on the other side. 

BINGO, that is why I didn't want any power applied to any wire until we know more about the engine.

@ElevatorChris           :text-feedback: