Sign in to follow this  
Dieseltu

Fuel pump, alternator question.

Dieseltu

Good morning. 

I got the 67  856. Its got electric start and a  battery. Does that mean it charges up, with an alternator  while its running or I have to keep it charged up. ? I havn't seen an alternator or generator yet.   And does this thing have a fuel pump or is it gravity feed. I see a hose going to the carb.  I keep hearing guys talking about fuel pumps. Thanks  Vern 

Now I know its a 66. From the manuals Thanks 

Edited by Dieseltu

squonk

The engine on your tractor isn't stock so there is no telling what's on it. The original Kohler had a starter generator and a fuel pump. It looked like this

IMG_20220605_165443506.jpg.a93ed893e88a5c77b2a74957d3ff195a.jpg

er1.jpg.7d88ac83c8f4560544b38f8b2fa52dcc.jpg

Fuel pump

IMG_20220322_084235005_HDR.jpg.b4172ad167be870a12a30cdf6024c3f8.jpg

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

Dieseltu

Im not familiar with 8 horse briggs. i have 6.5 and 5 horse and they gravity feed . Im gonna guess its A briggs and its gravity feed with a float bowl and pin then.  What about charging. 

squonk
1 minute ago, Dieseltu said:

Im not familiar with 8 horse briggs. i have 6.5 and 5 horse and they gravity feed . Im gonna guess its A briggs and its gravity feed with a float bowl and pin then.  What about charging. 

Any small wires coming out of the engine shroud? 

Dieseltu

Yes there is. I found a worn through small wire rubbed on the engine shroud and I ungrounded it. Have no idea where it goes. 

squonk

That is probably a magneto kill wire since your coil wire goes into the shroud as well. I think if there are no other wires coming out of the shroud there is no charging system on  it. pulling the shroud off would confirm if there is no charging coils there.

• Like 1

pfrederi

Stamped on the top of the engine air shroud look for Model Type and Code numbers.  then we can figure out what type ...if any..charging system it had.

• Like 1