Thompson1276

Lights Camera …Action? …action?…

Thompson1276

I had to replace the Ignition to my wheel horse a 3 point that’s hook up was B-S-I , my new ignition is I-S-B with ignition and battery swapped so I swapped the cable too , the battery had power , the solonoid has power I didn’t test the ignition I’m doing that tomorrow but I also took pics and have it hooked up the way it use to be so would there be a reason why this would happen I also hooked up a new light switch to the cig lighter and put on a Gen Warning light off a old Sears and put it on middle to S and the outside wire to I , and it didn’t even light up when I tried to start it and the rear light light switch light didn’t work.

• Like 1

953 nut

This is how it was done from the factory.

image.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Thompson1276 said:

Gen Warning light off a old Sears and put it on middle to S and the outside wire to I , and it didn’t even light up

Adding a solenoid would require some changes to make the generator light work. You can use the three prong switch and just run the "BAT" terminal of the regulator back to the battery.

5b202ef98cc34_wiring-starter-generatorwithbatteryignition.jpg.24ab0ca0cab6d9b8f7d7ffb2a7a42fbc.jpg

• Like 1

Thompson1276
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

This is how it was done from the factory.

image.jpeg

Adding a solenoid would require some changes to make the generator light work. You can use the three prong switch and just run the "BAT" terminal of the regulator back to the battery.

5b202ef98cc34_wiring-starter-generatorwithbatteryignition.jpg.24ab0ca0cab6d9b8f7d7ffb2a7a42fbc.jpg

It’s a 3 point system I have it the same

as factory from my owners manual but nothing even a new ignition 

Thompson1276
Just now, Thompson1276 said:

It’s a 3 point system I have it the same

as factory from my owners manual but nothing even a new ignition 

Has a solonoid already from factory running a 3 prong solonoid and the Battery Solonoid Ignition prong starter the lights go to the cig lighter switch that is from the second return on the Voltage reg

• Confused 2

953 nut
8 hours ago, Thompson1276 said:

Has a solonoid already from factory running a 3 prong solonoid and the Battery Solonoid Ignition prong starter the lights go to the cig lighter switch that is from the second return on the Voltage reg

What model number ort year and HP :wh: are you working with here?     :confusion-shrug:       I am unaware of any that came from the factory with a solenoid and a three pronged ignition switch.  Did you buy this new from the factory with that switch and solenoid set-up? 

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 2

rmaynard

If you user name is any indication of your model number (1276), here is the wiring diagram from the 1276 manual.

1276wir.jpg.b994ee122d386c0cb7badaf74d7892a7.jpg