Sign in to follow this  
VinsRJ

RJ 58 59 Clinton Motor 1200 Rod Comparison

VinsRJ

Spoke with Paul Pitcher this evening about a NOS Clinton rod which specs out for my motor but looks a heck of a lot meatier than my original rod. I took various measurements and it measures out (according to my calculations) as the correct part. My motor Model Number is: 1200 2184

In the pic my original rod is on the left and the NOS rod is on the right. Of note, there are the locating pins pressed into the NOS cap and rod, which eliminates the cap from creaping around under load. These pins are not present on my original rod.

Special thanks to Charlie and Paul Pitcher for keeping my Clinton dream alive! :thumbs2:

Vince

Attached Image

post-61-1247104070.jpg

clintonnut

Big difference!!!

Glad doing business with you! Just make sure you line up the **** on the outside of the rod cap! Do you also need an oil distributer? You can use a used one but if you don't have one we can send you one.

Charlie

stevebo

So charlie, what you are saying is Vin's little quote....

Vin, good to see you are getting that Clinton together. The K91 I bought at the show runs great. The fireman came over and brought me the carb off of one of his motors, helped me bolt it on and got the linkage right. We added fuel and she popped off and sounded great. Now i just need to finish the restore....

Coadster32

Hey Vin, glad you're getting it done. The guy is coming over Sat. to p/u the RJ and Clinton motor from me anyway.

Steve, good idea to get the power plant going before you finish the restore. :thumbs::thumbs2:

Charlie and Paul- Helping everyone out, as usual.

What a great site with great contacts. :ychain:

VinsRJ

Big difference!!!

Glad doing business with you! Just make sure you line up the **** on the outside of the rod cap! Do you also need an oil distributer? You can use a used one but if you don't have one we can send you one.

Charlie

Charlie,

My dipper looks to be in fine shape, so it will be re-used.

Line up the marks on the cap and rod, Gotcha! :thumbs2:

Vince

VinsRJ

So charlie, what you are saying is Vin's little quote....

Vin, good to see you are getting that Clinton together. The K91 I bought at the show runs great. The fireman came over and brought me the carb off of one of his motors, helped me bolt it on and got the linkage right. We added fuel and she popped off and sounded great. Now i just need to finish the restore....

Kohlers are great motors. Attached are a couple pics of my 1963 K161s 7hp motor from my 63 Panzer. It is the original motor to my Panzer T707ES. I completely rebuilt it from a 20 over bore, NOS 20+ piston, NOS rod, NOS valves, NOS cam.... you get the idea. Although it is supposed to be the Panzer teal color, I opted to go with black (The rest of the tractor is the correct/original color combo). All of the blower covers, oil bath air cleaner, brackets and starter pulley are powder coat. The muffler is ceramic coated inside and out.

And yes my Clinton is going in the same direction... only in original red. :thumbs2:

Attached Image

post-61-1247180844.jpg

VinsRJ

Pic #2

Attached Image

post-61-1247180911.jpg

VinsRJ

Hey Vin, glad you're getting it done. The guy is coming over Sat. to p/u the RJ and Clinton motor from me anyway.

Steve, good idea to get the power plant going before you finish the restore. :thumbs::thumbs2:

Charlie and Paul- Helping everyone out, as usual.

What a great site with great contacts. :ychain:

I'm glad to hear the deal is going through. When I was leaving your place on Sunday, my wife was asking if I was bringing home another motor...... she knows I can get sucked in easy for those things.

By the way we had a really nice afternoon in the town center, thank you for the resturant and directions, lunch was super. :ROTF:

MikesRJ

My dipper looks to be in fine shape, so it will be re-used.

Sounds like a personal opinion.......hehehehehe :thumbs2: