Sign in to follow this  
69DEZ

WEIGHT BRACKET

69DEZ

Joel here are some picks of my weight bracket you asked about. I took the standard hitch bracket and welded a 1" or so (I really don't remember) piece of flat stock to that. I not sure how much those weights weigh. I'm guessing 60lbs. each. I'm 6'1 and weigh 250lbs and I can stand on those weights. No it doesn't more at all. Hope these pick explain what I got here.

TRACTOR053.jpg

TRACTOR054.jpg

TRACTOR055.jpg

TRACTOR056.jpg

combatmp29r

Yep that explains it perfectly. Thanks for the pics. I've only modified the V18s hitch so far. Got a few more pieces added than yours :thumbs:

CommandoV18rearhitchfab11.jpg

I have a few extra hitches sitting around, so I may set one up for some weights.

T-Mo

It looks like you wouldn't want to add to much weight to that. There is a little moment arm and the weights are cantilevered a little.

Joel,

Your bracket looks interesting also.

combatmp29r

Thanks Terry. Its actually short the most important piece in that picture. It has a 1/2" thick pulling hitch hooking plate (gotta be a better name for the piece :thumbs: ) that isn't on it there. I made it the way I did so that I can pull it, or use all the stock attachments including the clevis (sleeve) hitch without alot of time converting back and forth. The 2 pieces of box iron on the bottom are where the wheelie bars slide in and bolt.