Eric 312-8

Seat Switch

Eric 312-8

Hello,

I have a 312-8 and the seat switch has been acting up, but now it wont start at all.  Is there a way to by-pass this while I wait for the part to arrive?  It has two wires next to each other, and one wire off set.  Thanks In advance.  

• Like 1

Handy Don

Welcome to the forum, Eric. Lots of expertise here to help you keep your tractor alive.

One thing you won't find, though, is directions on how to bypass safety equipment. It is your machine, of course, to do with what you will but helping you do it is a different thing.

You don't mention the year of your tractor, but it's likely the user manual and wiring diagrams are in our files.

On the search bar, enter "tractor yyyy 312-8" where yyyy=the model year. Be sure to choose the search option for "use all my search terms"

Here's an example of the documents:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Just FYI this is the battery powered tractor section. You’ll get a lot more exposure to your issue if you post in the electrical section…

Agree with @Handy Don’s comments…

• Like 3

roadapples

:WRS:

953 nut

:WRS:

Frequently the wiring to the seat switch will be the problem rather than the switch itself. Also if the PTO is engaged that will prevent the starter from working. Most 312-8s have Magneto ignition systems but the early units had Battery ignition systems, which do you have? 

18 hours ago, Eric 312-8 said:

seat switch has been acting up, but now it wont start at all. 

By won't start do you mean the engine cranks over but has no ignition?